Author Topic: "Memory Used" problem on MXeIII  (Read 2021 times)

Offline hunter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
"Memory Used" problem on MXeIII
« on: August 31, 2020, 01:00:06 PM »
Hi Guys, Have quite long experience on MCD and MiVoice Business but have a trouble first time so exciting. Appreciate any help and ideas; Have a standalone MCD5.0 system working on MXeIII with 512 MB RAM and expansion kit, i.e. both RTC and E2T cards (as they were exactly the same). System started to raise "Memory Used" alarm after 8 years of very stable operation. It starts with Minor alarm, 2 hours later Major Alarm, couple of more minutes Critical alarm and immediate reset. This cycle goes on every 4 - 5 hours. Same SW load of 11.0.2.66 loaded  and restored from recent backup, 512 MB RAM replaced, 2 RAID HDDs replaced with SSDs, but no way. Memory Used alarm and consequent restarts continue. Any idea / suggestions / former experiences much, very much appreciated.

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: "Memory Used" problem on MXeIII
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 04:39:12 PM »
What changed?  I would download all maintenance and software logs to see when the alarms started generating and that might give you an indication.  Have you though about doing a software upgrade and getting support from Mitel (will require having software assurance).

Offline hunter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 06:27:16 AM »
Thanks Jason. Strangely, this has started on 19th August, without having any, even minor, changes in the system. No SWA and we could upgrade only to the latest release of 11.0.2.96 and no difference. Logs do not indicate any abnormality except several warnings on PMS check out of guest rooms, indicating some guest room data not deleted. Thanks for the idea, will stop PMS connection and monitor if any progress.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 10:45:33 AM »
If this is new, something changed... It is unlikely that a hardware failure would cause this kind of issue as it is purely software, some kind of "memory leak" in a process. I have done lots of PMS integration with this system and never seen this issue occur because of that, not saying it's impossible though.

Honestly, I am surprised this suddenly appears after years of trouble free operation. If possible, I would consider renewing your SWA and upgrading the RAM to 1GB, and upgrade to at least the current 8.0 release, preferably to current if your periphery hardware supports it. Even if you do renew SWA and try to work with Mitel, I would bet a steak dinner their very first recommendation would be to upgrade as far as possible and reproduce the issue. Remember that MCD 5.0 was released October of 2011, and reached end of support with the release of MiVB 7.0 in June of 2014... You are running software that is 9 years old, it should REALLY be upgraded

Offline hunter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 02:08:49 PM »
Hey Acejavelin, you were absolutely right. The problem was, the last SWA expired in march 2014 and the new SWA yearly fee plus reenlistment fee represents a total cost of almost the same as of a new soft IP PBX !.. We have been motivating them to upgrade the SW as MCD5.0 was not very stable. Anyway, you were right about the PMS integration. We have stopped PMS integration today, and another source of warning maintenance logs of ASUII (out of service) we programmed them properly even if they were out of service. Now, all maintenance logs stopped, log page looks like a new born baby, however minor alarm of 90% mem unavailability popped up at the same interval like a clockwork. I suspect either RTC card or RAID Controller card something like RAM could not transfer data to redundant SSD. Greatly appreciate any other suggestions. Best regards

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 07:46:49 PM »
Hey Acejavelin, you were absolutely right. The problem was, the last SWA expired in march 2014 and the new SWA yearly fee plus reenlistment fee represents a total cost of almost the same as of a new soft IP PBX !.. We have been motivating them to upgrade the SW as MCD5.0 was not very stable. Anyway, you were right about the PMS integration. We have stopped PMS integration today, and another source of warning maintenance logs of ASUII (out of service) we programmed them properly even if they were out of service. Now, all maintenance logs stopped, log page looks like a new born baby, however minor alarm of 90% mem unavailability popped up at the same interval like a clockwork. I suspect either RTC card or RAID Controller card something like RAM could not transfer data to redundant SSD. Greatly appreciate any other suggestions. Best regards
SWA should not cost that much, are you sure your looking at a 1 year re-up? A 5 year re-up could be expensive... SWA is based on your number of devices and licensed features and the re-up fee is usually around 25% of the total for 1 year SWA. I find it pretty tough to believe that you could replace a PBX and it's sets for the cost of even 25 times what a 5 year SWA would be.

Still, it is what it is... I really doubt you will find a hardware solution to this though.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 01:26:29 PM »
Are there any automated tasks in the scheduler at the intervals you're describing?

Offline hunter

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 02:14:59 PM »
No ZuluAlpha, no scheduled automated tasks programmed. This problem still continues and really sucks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10