Author Topic: Play Only mail box for extension/phone  (Read 1083 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Play Only mail box for extension/phone
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:03:26 PM »
Hello,

MiVoice Office 250, V 6.3 SP3.

I have a few users who are busy (think payroll people who enter data and deal with wage verification requests) and don't want to listen to VM.  They would prefer outside callers send them an e-mail or FAX.  I offered a few options, including deleting there mail box, creating a mail box that is play only (with a greeting mentioning send me an e-mail.) 

I had one user choose the play only mail box.  If you try to change an associated mail box to play only, you will find you can't.  Play only works with non-associated mail boxes.  Grrrrr.  .

Oh boy, time to kludge.  Create a non-associated mail box.  Can't transfer a call directly to a non-associated mail box.  Another kludge, create a CRA with time out to transfer to the non-associated mail box, without a greeting or DT.  At least the receptionist and phone users can transfer calls to the play only mail box.  Would be nice if calls which aren't answered are sent to the play only mail box.  Can't add the non-associated play only mail box as Voice Mail in Associated Extensions.  Could set a no answer forward from the phone, but as I recall these are lost when the Mitel box is rebooted.  Hmmm, what about a forwarding path.  Kludge again, created a Forwarding Path just for the user, assigned the phone extension to have the forwarding path and it still wouldn't forward.  Making a test call and watching the call I see PP65 as well as the call to the extension.  Disabled DEE.  Now calls which aren't answered are sent to the non-associated, play only mailbox.  Tried to transfer an outside caller to the non-associated play only mail box using Attendant Console by right clicking on the phone and selecting Voice Mail.  Of course it went to the Voice Mail and said Hello, you have reached Mitel Voice Processing system.  To leave a message, please enter a mail box number.   I found if DND was set, I could drop a call on the extension/phone and it would go to the non-associated play only MB.  I could also transfer a call to the non-associated play only MB.  I couldn’t right click on the extension/phone and select voice mail. 

I wish Attendant Console was smarter and knew the phone/extension didn’t have an associated voice mail box.  As long as I am wishing, why can’t an associated mail box be play only?

I suspect there are better ways, rather than the kludges I created to accomplish what I wanted.  If anyone has suggestions, please chime in.  Otherwise, maybe this will help someone in the future.

Hopefully the above isn’t clear as mud!  And hoping to see a better method than creating Forwarding Paths for each user who wants a play only mail box.  Hoping Mitel will someday allow an associated mail box to be play only.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

Jeff

I did search the forum for information about play only mail boxes.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Play Only mail box for extension/phone
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 05:10:12 PM »
This is a bit long to dissect, but you are actually pretty close... Creating the CRA is the way is to do this, although you could just put the greeting in the CRA itself and then make the timeout action hang-up. Then setup a new system forward path that points to this CRA and change the System Forward Path on that extension to the one you just created.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Re: Play Only mail box for extension/phone
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 07:56:04 PM »
I forwarded the CRA ro a non-associated so the user could record there own greeting W/O admin MB and password.  If there is a way to allow users to record CRA, I would love to know about it. 

Why doesn't Mitel allow associated mailboxes to be play only?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10