Author Topic: Call forwarding to external mobile  (Read 793 times)

Offline M066Y

• View Profile
Call forwarding to external mobile
« on: August 27, 2020, 11:10:46 AM »
Hi,

We used to have our Mitel 5330 desk phones set up with forwarding to an external mobile but unfortunately we lost the configuration and I am unable to replicate what we had before. I will attempt to explain what the original setup was and i'd really appreciate it if someone could help me achieve this again.

Our Mitel 5330 desk phones used to have quick keys set up which were called something along the lines of 'Pre Abs Desk' & 'Pre Abs Mobile', the keys when selected had the following actions:

- 'Pre Abs Desk' selected = Incoming calls would ring the desk phone only & if no answer would divert to voicemail

- 'Pre Abs Desk' & 'Pre Abs Mobile' selected = Incoming calls would ring the desk phone & if no answer would divert to an external mobile

- 'Pre Abs Mobile' selected =Incoming calls would ring the mobile only

- Neither selected = Voicemail

Thanks for any help!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call forwarding to external mobile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 01:30:48 PM »
Without having seen what the actual programming of those buttons are, I'd suspect that they are just speed dial keys.  The speed dial string would be something like <FAC><Pre Abs Desk number>  or <FAC>< Pre Abs Mobile number>.

The FAC would be the same for both - it would be the Call Forward Follow Me code.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you off the top of my head what that code it.

Ralph

Offline M066Y

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 05:17:28 AM »
Apologies but I really don't understand your response.

In simple terms, i'd like to be able to forward calls to a mobile by selecting 'busy' or whatever on the handset.

Thanks

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 08:55:48 AM »
I do not know which phone model you have (69xx or 5xxx) in any case you go to the parameters, forward, you indicate the mobile number and you validate.  Forwarding is activated.  To deactivate it, either return to the same menu or create a key which enables or disables forwarding.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10