Author Topic: Keys for Call Forwarding  (Read 1208 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Keys for Call Forwarding
« on: August 27, 2020, 08:28:26 AM »
Hi All -

I would like to take a phone that has 6 listed names that call forward to cell phones.  I would like the lamp to light up so the end user knows who the calls are being forwarded to.  This DID will then change to a new key/employee each month.  I tried messing around with user speed calls and call forwarding always under "Line Type" but that does not do what I need.  I know I am messing some steps here and that's why I am reaching out.  The below video is what I am looking for but this appears to be some 3rd party software that is not Mitel...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o2AqdPdtsU

Thanks!

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Keys for Call Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 08:41:22 AM »
I dont understand what do you expect exactly.

You want to forward each month your DID xxxxxx to a cell phone.

Who is the end user?  And what do you want to display for who?

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 08:46:12 AM »
I see the YouTube video. Just give a name to your keys.
When the key is on, you will know to which destination the forwarding is activated

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 11:33:35 AM »
The 3300 system I am working with does not work or have the options that the Youtube video has.  If I setup a call fwd always, it says that the directory number should be blank. 

I could setup call fwding profiles on the phone but that involves the user having to press more buttons to set this up.  Plus, it does not allow them to visually see who the calls are being forwarded to with lamps that are lit up. 

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2020, 01:39:21 PM »
I don't think that's going to happen on a 3300.  If you program a Call Forward Always button on your device, it will show that it's forwarded but not where it's forwarded to.

Generally, we just set up speed dial buttons to forward to the target location.  Pressing the speed dial button will active the Call Forward Always button.  It Just doesn't show you where it's forwarded to.

Ralph

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 01:44:12 PM »
I don't think that's going to happen on a 3300.  If you program a Call Forward Always button on your device, it will show that it's forwarded but not where it's forwarded to.

Generally, we just set up speed dial buttons to forward to the target location.  Pressing the speed dial button will active the Call Forward Always button.  It Just doesn't show you where it's forwarded to.

Ralph

Bummer!!  Would the only/best option be to use call forwarding profiles?  While it does the job, it requires more steps and I wanted to avoid that.  Thanks for your help. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10