Author Topic: Launch DB Programming for MitelPBX gets to "starting session" 10% then drops  (Read 7447 times)

Offline mattl

• View Profile
I have tested the connection to the server and verified that I have connection. (local IP address, 10.20.0.10

I can access the web portal side of the system.

The only thing that's failing is launching DB programming to get into the back end.

Anyone else having this issue? I checked windows update log and don't see any recent updates that would broken anything/made a difference.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Known bug caused by a wonderful update from Microsoft... Same fix as for broken backups:

1)   Close MiVO 250 System Admin and all programmers
2)   Click Windows Start button and select Settings (the gear icon)
3)   Click Apps
4)   Under Apps & Features, find “Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English)” and click it once, then click Modify button
5)   Select “Reinstall or Repair Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) to it’s original state" and click Next button
6)   Select “Reinstall Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English)” and click Install and let it finish
7)   Click OK on the confirmation dialog box when setup is complete.

If that doesn't work, let us know.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:28:20 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Got the same issue on a machine, tried the usual DB access reinstall and a full uninstall/re-install with no luck.

I'm thinking Microsoft have broken it with the new feature update.

Offline mattl

• View Profile
The Microsoft Access reinstall trick worked.

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Got the same issue on a machine, tried the usual DB access reinstall and a full uninstall/re-install with no luck.

I'm thinking Microsoft have broken it with the new feature update.
Reinstall the Microsoft Access Database Engine as noted above. Uninstall and reinstall the programmer does not correct it.

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
Uninstall Access, reboot, reinstall Access, reboot did the trick

Offline budster

• View Profile
I have had both problems on a total of 5 PC's.  Some customers and 2 of mine.  Most of the time the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) uninstall and program reinstall works.  Then you have to disable updates or it will happen again.  On my main home PC I do not have the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English).  Probably because I updated from Office 2010 to office 365.  Anyway I have been unable to backup for months and now I get the 10% then back to idle after another update in the last few days.  I have tried to uninstall all updates installed over the last few days but 1 is not able to uninstall.  I also cannot restore to an earlier time due to a Microsoft one-drive problem.  One difference I see which may be a factor is my main PC that's not working is on windows build 1909 and my laptop that can be fixed by the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) is on build 1903.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have had both problems on a total of 5 PC's.  Some customers and 2 of mine.  Most of the time the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) uninstall and program reinstall works.  Then you have to disable updates or it will happen again.  On my main home PC I do not have the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English).  Probably because I updated from Office 2010 to office 365.  Anyway I have been unable to backup for months and now I get the 10% then back to idle after another update in the last few days.  I have tried to uninstall all updates installed over the last few days but 1 is not able to uninstall.  I also cannot restore to an earlier time due to a Microsoft one-drive problem.  One difference I see which may be a factor is my main PC that's not working is on windows build 1909 and my laptop that can be fixed by the Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) is on build 1903.
My understanding from a few other techs I talk to across the country (that are not on here) is that Microsoft has a newer update that fixes the issue with Access... Started seeing it Tuesday on some Windows 10 machines with version 2004.

Offline budster

• View Profile
Great if you have the kb number I will try it.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Had (hopefully) a problem where opening a specific node would sometimes say there is already a programming session open, if you are sure there isn't, click continue (or something like that.)  I just repaired MS DB 2010 and I haven't seen the problem in the few openings I have tried since I performed the repair.

Thanks a million!!!

Jeff

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
I have just recently been impacted by this as well on my Win10 machine.  However, after I do the Access fix, it works, but then once I reboot, I am back to it not working.  Basically have to reinstall Access every time I want to open the SA&D.  Does anyone know of a more permanent fix to this issue?  I saw a hotfix previously mentioned but didn't see a KB number for one.  Thank you!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have just recently been impacted by this as well on my Win10 machine.  However, after I do the Access fix, it works, but then once I reboot, I am back to it not working.  Basically have to reinstall Access every time I want to open the SA&D.  Does anyone know of a more permanent fix to this issue?  I saw a hotfix previously mentioned but didn't see a KB number for one.  Thank you!
Yeah, that was a dead end... Not sure what is causing it, but all of our techs are just doing this pretty much daily. (Un)luckily, our physical on-prem systems are dwindling down and this kind of service work is becoming less common. Would still like to find an answer though.

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
Bummer!  Thanks for letting me know though!  We will all await a resolution I suppose...

Offline mitelengineeruk

• View Profile
Unlikely ever to be a resolution, the DB programming and SyAd tool have become more unreliable as time goes by.  So many issues and errors, constantly needs the DB Engine repairing, Mitel not interested.

Just keep repairing the DB Engine as that's what they put on a KB article and seems to be enough to cover them rather than actually do anything about it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10