Author Topic: Bench System ARID  (Read 1157 times)

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bench System ARID
« on: August 19, 2020, 10:20:19 AM »
I feel strange that I don't know the answer to this.

I have a bench system that I would like to use to downgrade the software on some SSD's to the release that one of our clusters is on. This usually requires an ARID. Do I need a separate, active ARID on the bench system or can I use one from the cluster without interrupting service?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely on this and there is a better way.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bench System ARID
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 07:12:41 PM »
If you want to just install different software on the SSD's and not program any data I would normally just do a manual software install.

No need to license or supply ARID. If you want to restore data to it then you will need to license it.

Is the cluster sharing licenses via a DLM? Clearing the HWID in AMC may affect this.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 02:42:00 PM »
The cluster does share licenses. This system is not clustered. When I attempt a manual install by using motfcc as the boot device via the serial cable it accepts the input but then tells me "changing back to qefcc" strangely frustrating.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 03:15:42 PM »
The cluster does share licenses. This system is not clustered. When I attempt a manual install by using motfcc as the boot device via the serial cable it accepts the input but then tells me "changing back to qefcc" strangely frustrating.

My firewall was on my laptop running the FTP server.

I have it pointed at the software directory and get "error fetching upgrademain.out from ftp server"

I do believe it's correctly pointed at the software directory as I have done several upgrades, but never anything from scratch.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 03:43:56 PM »

My firewall was on my laptop running the FTP server.

I have it pointed at the software directory and get "error fetching upgrademain.out from ftp server"

I do believe it's correctly pointed at the software directory as I have done several upgrades, but never anything from scratch.

I must have had option O FixPartition spelled wrong or it was case sensitive in VXworks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 06:41:34 PM »
QEFCC is the new name in software instead of MOTFCC, you should be good to go via ftp

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 08:02:35 AM »
QEFCC is the new name in software instead of MOTFCC, you should be good to go via ftp

I did end up changing keeping it to that as well. Thank you for the info.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10