Author Topic: Moving an extension from digital to IP phone or vice versa  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Moving an extension from digital to IP phone or vice versa
« on: August 18, 2020, 08:26:42 AM »
What is the recommended way to move or swap an extension from a digital phone to an IP phone or vice versa (Mitel 5000)? I usually do a somewhat convoluted way that involves a third extension, but this usually results in the voicemail and call routing getting messed up. Thanks.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Moving an extension from digital to IP phone or vice versa
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 08:54:15 AM »
You can back up the database, then open it in a local session to make the change, then restore the database. Too much trouble for me, and the system will reboot so it has to be done after hours.

I would disassociate the DID and delete the mailbox, renumber the digital extension and create the IP phone from scratch.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 11:13:29 AM »
Thanks. Is there really no other way? I recall one of the techs somehow doing it in a way that seemed to 'find' back the mailbox so I can reconnect it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 07:41:10 PM »
Thanks. Is there really no other way? I recall one of the techs somehow doing it in a way that seemed to 'find' back the mailbox so I can reconnect it.
That is nothing special, just delete the phone and the mailbox becomes an unassociated mailbox... When you create an extension that is the same as an existing unassociated mailbox, the system will prompt you to associate it to that extension, and if you say no then you can't use that extension number without deleting/changing the mailbox number or the number on the phone.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 08:31:10 AM »
That is nothing special, just delete the phone and the mailbox becomes an unassociated mailbox... When you create an extension that is the same as an existing unassociated mailbox, the system will prompt you to associate it to that extension, and if you say no then you can't use that extension number without deleting/changing the mailbox number or the number on the phone.

Thanks. I thought it might be just deleting the phone, but 'delete' doesn't seem to be an option with the digital phones, so I wasn't sure.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »
To "delete" a digital phone, go to the port type on the card and change it to None.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10