Author Topic: E2tSp IP Network Dropped Packets  (Read 1339 times)

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
E2tSp IP Network Dropped Packets
« on: August 12, 2020, 04:38:03 PM »
MiVB 9.2 on MXE III controller logging network drops all day.  No impact from what I can tell other than filling up my maintenance log.  Specific message "E2tSp     IP Network Dropped 2.38 percent of Packets from phone 1.2.3.4 Total Rx: 803 Lost=19 maxLossBurst=7 1 in a row: 0 2..."

Phone 1.2.3.4 = The internal IP of my MiVoice Border Gateway

Network traces captured do not show issues for RTP streams (0% loss; very very few 1% loss).
Albeit, UDP is the majority of the traffic.  No sequencing numbers to help find dropped packets.
Network switch port stats do not show any issues with ports.

Have had this issue since I inherited this system.  Was on 7.2 version, did not clear with 9.x upgrade.

Any hardware firmware updates for MXE’s available? Anyone else currently experiencing similar and have fixed?  I’ve seen older posts, but did not match my scenario.

Thanks

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: E2tSp IP Network Dropped Packets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 08:48:39 AM »
Your problem is on the network, not the hardware. Run a packet trace on the MBG, look at the RTP stream analysis, I bet you'll see packet loss. Might be on the other side of the MBG from the controller, but it will be there.

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 10:05:30 AM »
And you can enable "Voice Quality Monitoring" to see details of the dropped packets.

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 01:36:41 PM »
Thank you both.

Packet loss between the PBX and the MBG is very low, however Jitter is often very, very high.  After looking over the Voice Quality Statistics I may have been missing something.  I was assuming the packet loss was between the PBX and MBG.  However, based on the Voice Quality logs, I see packet loss entries from the MBG and Phone 1.   MBG and Phone 2 and more phones. 

So the Maintenance Log entries regarding packet loss from phone 1.2.3.4 (which happens to be my MBG) are drops between the 1.2.3.4 and many devices.

If this is correct, then my assumption that either the PBX or the MBG (a virtual machine) network connection or configuration was root cause of my issue is unlikely.  More likely a bigger issue.

Assessment continues. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 06:00:45 PM »
99% of the time if you have voice quality issues with less than all remote Teleworker phones, it is NOT a problem on your end... It is almost always a local network on the far end or ISP issue. Get remote access into a remote user's PC and run Teleworker Network Analyzer for a bit, the problems often sometimes become clear.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:24:43 PM by acejavelin »

Offline mitel361

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 03:40:48 PM »
Can this logging be throttled down?  For example; only log packet drops of 25% or higher.

Looking at this from a higher level, it does appear to be an external issue.  Analyzing the exported Voice Quality Statistics report.
1,048,575 records of which:
4,234 have 0 packet loss from the MBG AND VPN IP’s; internal IPs
4,963 had > 20 packet loss from the MBG and VPN IPs
6 had > 10 packet loss all from 1 internal IP
0 packet loss from the E2t IP

If this were an internal issue, I would expect higher packet loss numbers from internal IPs.   My next step is to turn down logging if possible to slow down filling up the Info log.  Also to work w/ the carrier. 

BTW, I do have Teleworker licenses, but none in use.  I am not familiar with it’s use.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10