Author Topic: Ring Group Call Forwarding  (Read 1636 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Ring Group Call Forwarding
« on: August 10, 2020, 09:54:41 AM »
Hi All -

Have a mini project that I need to setup and want to know the best practices way of setting it up...  We have 6 cell phone lines in service that staff use as on call for healthcare.  Each month, a staff member rotates to be the on call person.  Staff is having such a hard time managing the process so I will help by automating as much as possible.

I found a new DID in the phone system and will point that to a new ring group.  All members will be in the ring group and it will "ring all".  Random unused extensions will be used as placeholders to call forward these calls to the cellular numbers (are those called phantom extensions or something else?)  Everyone who is NOT on call will have their cell phone off and the on call person will have their phone on.  With this setup, they are then responsible for turning on and off their device each month, making it easier on them. 

Is this the best way to set this up in the phone system?  My assumption is that we will need to disable voicemails on their cell phones so the ones that are off do not pick up the call. 

Thanks

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Group Call Forwarding
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 10:04:40 AM »
another possibility to test:
each member -> call forward no answer to their mobile

with the FAC u can join or leave the ring group.

when user 1 is on call, all others must leave the group using FAC. and after on-call with the FAC, they rejoins the group.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 12:05:26 PM »
another possibility to test:
each member -> call forward no answer to their mobile

with the FAC u can join or leave the ring group.

when user 1 is on call, all others must leave the group using FAC. and after on-call with the FAC, they rejoins the group.

Thanks for the feedback Sunspark.  Unfortunately, I think this will setup for them to forget to login to the ring group and miss calls.  The calls coming in could be emergencies and they cannot afford to miss any.  I will run this solution by the manager though. 

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 12:31:04 PM »
I would not recommend to set it up this way because the users with their cell phones "OFF" will have the call bounce straight to voicemail or possibly a carrier message and the call will be "answered" before the on call person can get to it.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 01:21:00 PM »
another possiblity to try :

create speed call for each mobile .

1111 -> to mobile 1
6666 -> to mobile 6

on the main deskphone create 6 keys call forword follow to me third party ( ring group  to speedcall) and antoher key to deactivate the call forward.

the evening before leaving the office, you activate the call forward (with key on the main deskphone) to the person on call, and the next day you deactivate it

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 09:20:22 AM »
I would not recommend to set it up this way because the users with their cell phones "OFF" will have the call bounce straight to voicemail or possibly a carrier message and the call will be "answered" before the on call person can get to it.

Even if voicemail is disabled on the Verizon phone?

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 09:47:40 AM »
Came across a problem when testing..  Setup ring group 3299 with "phantom" exts 7500 and 7501.  7500 is call forwarded to my cell phone for testing.  The DID points to ring group 3299 but when I call it, it goes straight to our VM pilot. When I call 7500, my cell phone rings.  What settings am I missing?

Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 05:09:52 PM »
Forwarding isn't followed for ring group members. The could be EHDU extensions

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 11:26:51 AM »
Hi, All -

Going to change things up based on your replies.

DID fwded to ring group 3299.

I want to tie ring group 3299 to a physical phone and use speed call fwding buttons.  How can I make a desk phone have prime service for a ring group?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 12:06:45 PM »
I don't think you'll be able to PIN a phone to the Ring Group pilot. You could probably set a Feature Access Code for remote forwarding and use speedcalls to forward and unforward the group that way.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10