Author Topic: Same name listed multiple times in IC Directory  (Read 817 times)

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Same name listed multiple times in IC Directory
« on: August 07, 2020, 03:50:43 PM »
I stopped beating my head, errr hunting for the reason why some people have there name listed multiple times when I press Directory, IC Directory on a 5340.  I have searched through pages and pages of SA&D programming and can't find a reason for the names being listed more than once.  I am hoping one or more of the kind souls on this board can help.

I think this is only happening to people who move between nodes.  When a user moves between nodes, I create a TempUser phone or Hot Desk profile and user on the new node, ask the user to listen and delete all VM's, clear the pin, delete the phone or Hot Desk profile from the node they are moving from, import/export, change the TempUser extension and TempUser name to the correct extension and User name and register the phone with the new pin at the new location.  There VM box seems to magically move from the node they were on to the new node (staying on the single node used for VM).  We don't have networked VM. 

MiVoice Office 250
6.3.7.99 SP3
Four nodes connected via private networking (all on same F/W)
Phones are mostly 5340's.
I hope I included all the information needed to understand the situation.

Hopefully someone can save my head from additional injury (J/K, well about the injury.)

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Re: Same name listed multiple times in IC Directory
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »
Surprised there weren't any comments...

I may have found the solution. 

1. For s___s and grins, I first exported from the node with the duplicate directory names. 
2. Checked to see if the directory listing on my phone still had duplicates of a phone extension (it did.)
3. In DB programming, I added a "z" as the first letter in the phone description. 
4. I removed the "z" from the phone description.
5. I checked directory listing and the duplicates are history.

I don't know if the duplicates are history permanently.  I wonder if MiVoice Office Application Suite is causing the dups, or if my method of moving an extension from one node to another is causing the dups.  I suspect it's my method of moving an extension. 

I will update the thread if I find it isn't solved on a long term basis.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10