Author Topic: Actual IP device capacity of a 3300 CX ii?  (Read 756 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
Actual IP device capacity of a 3300 CX ii?
« on: August 05, 2020, 10:12:16 AM »
Hi folks,
I'm trying to find out, really, how many phones (multiline sets, IP devices, sip devices, etc) I can actually have on a CX ii. Some "official" Mitel documentation seems to indicate 150. However, I currently have 159 working fine, and just added 10 more IP seats. My system capacity form seems to show that I have an allocated number of multiline sets at 756. Is this dependent on software version, or something?  If it matters, we're running Release level: 8.0 SP3 PR1  Active software load: 14.0.3.22.

Thanks in advance,
-dg

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Actual IP device capacity of a 3300 CX ii?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 10:56:08 AM »
Latest engineering guidelines show 150 devices for the CXii controller. I don't believe the system will limit you anytime soon from adding endpoints but the guidance is there for a reason. It's a only a 450Mhz processor in the CXii and at some point you will run into issues if you keep adding devices due to performance issues. It may work fine, it may not. You are on your own after 150 if it comes to issues with the system though would be my expectation.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 11:37:26 AM »
What's a reasonable upgrade path? The company is growing pretty quickly, so I'm guessing we ought to do something. Is the 3300 MXe III the next step?

Also, are there any available performance statistics somewhere to look at system load, etc? While we do have a good number of users, the system isn't that complicated (we also have a MAS server and MBG's) so I'd not expect it to be all that busy.

Thanks!
-dg

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 11:56:43 AM »
MXe III or going virtual would be the direction I'd take if the system is growing.

I'm not personally aware of a way to look at system load. I imagine there is a maintenance command or OS command from console.

If you're not a partner, what do they have to say?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 08:05:50 PM »
What kind of trunking? If sip through the MBG that controller is less taxed than an embedded PRI, since the voice traffic flows from set to MBG and the controller only sets up and tears down the call. You can restore your database to a MXe as long as you don;t have an expanded embedded asu programmed. You can move the iButton and modules, so no new software is needed

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10