Author Topic: Sorting or searching Call routing table entries  (Read 1085 times)

Offline NoPoYo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Sorting or searching Call routing table entries
« on: July 23, 2020, 07:27:06 PM »
Hi,
We use MiVoice Office 250 and often find ourselves searching for a particular extension's directdial phone number.  Unless I'm mistaken, the only place we can find that information is within System>Trunk-Related Information>Call Routing Tables>1  However, there are a fair number of entries in that table and I can neither sort nor search as far as I can tell.  So, I often find myself scrolling through and searching by eye.  Does anyone have any tips for finding that information more efficiently?  Thanks in advance. 

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
Re: Sorting or searching Call routing table entries
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 11:31:51 PM »
The call routing table is an ordered list, meaning that every time the system looks for a match it starts at the top of the list and uses the first match it finds. You should try to keep them in ascending order by the Pattern.  (You can click and drag just to the left of the pattern to move them up or down in the list, but you have to do it manually).

That being said, the easiest way I have found to sort or search a call routing table is to use Database Reporting. When printing or exporting a report you can sort it, or export it to excel and sort it or search thru it that way.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 07:26:18 AM »
I’ve spent many hours cleaning up CRTs that were haphazardly built. It’s a tedious process, but worth it long term.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 05:38:46 PM »
NoPoYo,

I think you were saying you look for the extension of a TN/DID.  If I am correct, I find myself in the same situation.  I do export the call routing table to Excel, and look for them that way.  I wish there was a way to search the call routing table, it's frustrating going through the call routing table trying to find an extension.

Jeff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10