Author Topic: Forwarded calls origin International Number type: Unknown failing  (Read 904 times)

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Anyone come across this yet? Source call international to a DID that is forwarded to a mobile phone- the caller hears busy tone.
Troubleshooting with the carrier ( Centurylink) they tell me that the originating caller ID, an international number, is going out as "Unknown" and it must show as INTL.
I checked the ISDN protocol(NI2) and Enable Unknown TON/NP is "false".  If I enable Unknown TON/NP and replace external CLID "true" the call forwards work but they show the caller ID of the forwarded stations. Centurylink NOC told me that this is due to spam filtering and all of the security bits that the mobile providers are putting in place on their network- the original CLID contains more digits than a National number, but it is showing as Unknown, EDT trace confirms 11 digit number(masked). What am I missing here?? Why is the number type not Int? Isn't this built into the protocol or something that I have to modify? The only place that I recall to modify this is on E1 configured links.  Scratching my head.

1   01101100 Information Element: Calling Party Number:
2   IE Length                   : 13 octets
3   0------- Extension bit      : Continued
    -000---- Type of number     : unknown
    ----0001 Numbering plan     : ISDN/telephony numbering - Rec. E.164
3a  1------- Extension bit      : Not Continued
    -00----- Presentation       : Allowed
    ---000-- Spare
    ------00 Screening          : User provided, not screened
4   ******** Phone number       : [***********]

Offline PC77375

• View Profile
Re: Forwarded calls origin International Number type: Unknown failing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:49:35 PM »
So this has moved up to 3rd level Mitel support. Last update was "this may need to be a DCR"   ???

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10