Author Topic: Destination Numbers  (Read 788 times)

Offline Egoit

• View Profile
Destination Numbers
« on: July 21, 2020, 12:01:57 PM »
I am currently moving relocating an office, and all of the employees will now be using our Mitel phone system.

Their numbers are being ported/forwarded to our single Front desk phone. 

I have a range of Destination Numbers,DNs, that I would like to use for this group, 8400.

The issue is when I go into the Direct inward Dialing Service tab, the 8400 range is not there, but 8500+ is. 

I tried to create the 8400 DN, but was told I needed a DID# to associate with.  If I dont need the DiD's to work, can I place their forwarded #'s in the DID as a placeholder so I can create these DNs?

I tried looking for commands that will tell me all my DNs my phone system has available, but have only come across the Locate. 

Release level 9.0sp3
Active software Load 9.0.3.15
Thanks!

All Free DN number - number. This only shows me how many I have available, not the grand total amount of DNs I am allowed to use.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Destination Numbers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 02:16:19 PM »
I can't quite visualize what you are saying.

When you go to add something in the Direct Inward Dialing Service form you must populate two fields. The DID number should be the number as you see it from the carrier and the Destination Number is a extension or other system number. It's just a routing form so nothing should stop you from putting non sense in but it won't work if it isn't received digits don't match a DID Number and the destination isn't valid and reachable.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10