Author Topic: MiCollab On-Prem Softphones  (Read 849 times)

Offline iolite

• View Profile
MiCollab On-Prem Softphones
« on: July 21, 2020, 08:21:18 AM »
I am looking to roll out Softphones on-prem on our MiVB MiCollab 8 SP1 - will be upgrading to 9 SP3 soon.

What do I need as a minimum?
I've assumed I would need to uplift licences from UCC entry to UCC Standard. Is there anything else?
Also is there a step by step guide available for me to follow?

At present I am using free third party software using Generic SIP devices to make/receive calls however I want to test what Mitel softphones can offer.

The free third party software works for back office function staff but it is unsupported and cannot be used by contact centre staff.

With the current situation we are having to space colleagues in the office and moving them into areas where there aren't available floor ports for desk phones so I was looking to implement on prem soft phones for the staff.

Appreciate any advice/guidance.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab On-Prem Softphones
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 09:52:53 AM »
You'll want to look at version of the MiVB and Contact Center. Big upgrades to the to ability for CC agents to use SIP soft phones instead of the legacy client.

You'll need a certificate on the MiCollab for the modern client as well as DNS to resolve the hostname to IP - these two requirements are for internal only also. To get it working externally and not over a VPN you'll need further configuration.

Mitel Doc Center for your particular version has plenty of information.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10