Author Topic: MSL/MiCollab SFTP Access Issues  (Read 1860 times)

Offline BradHand

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MSL/MiCollab SFTP Access Issues
« on: July 16, 2020, 03:43:49 PM »
Hello all! I've been working through doing certificate updates ahead of the Aug 21st deadline and I keep running into an issue that I could use some insight on.

All our physical devices have been upgrading mostly without issues but our VMs that are running MSL/MiCollab sometimes have an issue allowing SFTP connections. We have to reboot the devices and then we can access SFTP to transfer the certificate files. However, we have to wait until after hours for each client to perform the reboot and it's really slowing us down. I have been looking but have been unable to find an answer to this question, is there a command to reset the SFTP service inside MSL or something similar that could allow us to regain access via SFTP without a reboot? I am able to use Putty to SSH into the devices.

Using known good UN/PW this is what we receive when attempting to SFTP using FileZilla, WinSCP has similar results/errors: FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 04:10:39 PM by BradHand »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MSL/MiCollab SFTP Access Issues
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 04:40:05 PM »
Sftp amd putty use the same port, I have never had a sftp issue. If you can use putty there should be no reason a sftp connection should not work. You could try to disable and re-enable ssh access in the remote access section

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 10:52:56 PM »
What I will sometimes do is rather than 'push' the file to MSL using WinSCP I will log in to the server and 'pull' the file from somewhere (usually a webserver) using 'wget http://example.com/path/file.ext'. You could also use FTP.

You just need somewhere to host the files that is accessible from the server.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 09:44:34 AM »
never had a problem with winscp but it almost sounds like an MTU issue... Slow transfer speeds tend to result from that.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 02:29:06 PM »
Only the MiVoice Business is impacted by the certificate expiration?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10