Author Topic: MiCollab NextGen on PC Softphone  (Read 1686 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MiCollab NextGen on PC Softphone
« on: July 13, 2020, 04:50:49 PM »
For the life of me I can not find any instructions on setting this up.

For select users, along with their deskphone, we want to provide them with a Softphone. If someone has instructions for both the MCD and MiCollab Server side, I'd appreciate it.

Not doing anything through MBG or anything fancy like that.

Thanks!

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab NextGen on PC Softphone
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 05:34:15 PM »
For the softphone in lan mode, you must have at least a standard ucc license.  Create uc endpoint extension .  Deskphone extension 1234, for the softphone 1 * 234.  Then you send the pass credentials by email.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 11:03:19 PM »
For the softphone in lan mode, you must have at least a standard ucc license.  Create uc endpoint extension .  Deskphone extension 1234, for the softphone 1 * 234.  Then you send the pass credentials by email.
UCC or no dice? What if I'm willing to burn some full licenses?

I've done the UC endpoint on the MiCollab side. What would it create it as on the MCD side? What credentials would it take?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 08:27:46 AM »
You can use full if that is what you have. Are current users using full? If so you can create a personal ring group for them. They would need a softpone MiCollab license

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 09:29:36 AM »
You can use full if that is what you have. Are current users using full? If so you can create a personal ring group for them. They would need a softpone MiCollab license

Thanks. Yes, I have a bunch of available Full licenses and all users are setup as Full. No UCC at all. I have 21 available softphone MiCollab PC so should be good there.

I've got it setup as UC Endpoints on both MiCollab server and MCD. SIP password is set in both as well. Testing with myself currently. Can see the Softphone in my PC app, but its grayed out and I'm not able to make calls using it.

So I'm obviously still missing something; just not sure what.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 11:58:02 AM »
Your softphone, and deskphone should be present in multidevices group. Your dns server should resolve internal address  micollab.yourcompany.local

In micollab softphone you have the choice to use  the application to pilot your deskphone, or to use your computer with softphone
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 11:59:47 AM by sunspark »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »
Since you are using full, I would set up a personal ring group for control. You may need to adjust your deployment profile and make sure all token values are current. Also after creating the PRG, go into MiCollab client and do a icp sync of the controller used so that the user get the PRG value updated

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 09:13:23 AM »
If you are wanting users to have both a deskphone and a MiCollab softphone, with full functionality, status and call control etc then you will need UCC licencing. However if this is an on-premise deployment you will only need a UCC Entry license rather than a UCC Standard license as you wont require the teleworker licenses that the standard includes.

Relatively cheap if you are just doing this for a select few users as you just need to purchase UCC Basic to UCC Entry uplift licencing. A normal full user licenses these are classed as a UCC basic user from a license perspective.

If you want to work around it you can set the second device up with a full user license and then use a personal ring group, but I dont believe you will get the same sort of functionality as a multi-device group. I know you have the endpoints setup on the MiCollab server but are you not using the MBG at all? Is the MiCollab for internal use only?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 02:12:18 PM »
If you are wanting users to have both a deskphone and a MiCollab softphone, with full functionality, status and call control etc then you will need UCC licencing. However if this is an on-premise deployment you will only need a UCC Entry license rather than a UCC Standard license as you wont require the teleworker licenses that the standard includes.

Relatively cheap if you are just doing this for a select few users as you just need to purchase UCC Basic to UCC Entry uplift licencing. A normal full user licenses these are classed as a UCC basic user from a license perspective.

If you want to work around it you can set the second device up with a full user license and then use a personal ring group, but I dont believe you will get the same sort of functionality as a multi-device group. I know you have the endpoints setup on the MiCollab server but are you not using the MBG at all? Is the MiCollab for internal use only?

I don't believe this to be a true statement. I have full functionality and am not using UCC licenses as they are less limited on calling a group member direct

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 09:56:27 AM »

I don't believe this to be a true statement. I have full functionality and am not using UCC licenses as they are less limited on calling a group member direct

Fair point, I know you can use MiCollab etc with full I just wasn't aware you could get the same functionality as a PRG through MiCollab rather than using a multi-device user group. Or as cost effective due to the fact that he isnt using multi-device licenses this will be consuming 2 full licenses for the deskphone and softphone devices rather than having 1 multi-device user license using UCC. Anyway if it works the same its good to know!

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
Fair point, I know you can use MiCollab etc with full I just wasn't aware you could get the same functionality as a PRG through MiCollab rather than using a multi-device user group. Or as cost effective due to the fact that he isnt using multi-device licenses this will be consuming 2 full licenses for the deskphone and softphone devices rather than having 1 multi-device user license using UCC. Anyway if it works the same its good to know!

Yes it works, might not be cost effective, but is the only way to handle those that need to be on 2 devices at the same time

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10