Author Topic: Mitel SX-200 ICP PRI and Start Codes  (Read 2871 times)

Offline daniel0581

• View Profile
Mitel SX-200 ICP PRI and Start Codes
« on: July 05, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
Hello,

I have an SX-200 ICP with a PRI that ties to an Asterisk system at another location for extension to extension dialing. I need to be able to send star codes over the PRI from the Mitel to access a couple of feature codes on the Asterisk such as intercom. When I try to dial the route access code plus *80 and the extension number only 80 plus the extension number is sent across. I have checked to make sure that the route is set to only delete one digit, which it is. Any ideas on how to make this work?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel SX-200 ICP PRI and Start Codes
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 01:47:11 PM »
PRI on 200 is rotary dial

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 01:11:56 PM »
PRI on 200 is rotary dial
lol... What?!?!

PRI is out of band signalling (occurs in the D channel), it can't be rotary dial. Pulse dial can only occur on T-1 AMI/D4 E&M or 2-Wire DID channels on the SX-200, but that hasn't been commonplace for 25 years.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 02:23:48 PM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 04:41:10 PM »
Look at the programming

Form 13, Trunk Circuit Descriptors - Assign the ISDN trunk with a T1 trunk circuit descriptor. To receive CLID or DDI digits, the ISDN trunk must be a non-DISA trunk that is programmed with a T1 E&M, or T1 DID/TIE trunk circuit descriptor.
In the options subform for Form 13, program the following options:
•   If you are connecting to a DMS100 switch at the central office, set QSIG Supplementary Services to "Yes" to enable the Calling Name feature.
•   Set the DTMF option to No.
•   Set the Debounce Timer to 100 milliseconds.
•   Set the Incoming Start Type to WINK.
•   Set the Outgoing Start Type to WINK

Form 03, Class of Service
ISDN Trunks Class of Service.
•   Enable ANI/DNIS Trunk COS option 811 to display CLID (the caller's number) and DDI (the number the caller dialed) on incoming trunks.
•   Enable Incoming Trunk Call Rotary COS option 801.
•   Enable Incoming Trunk No Dial Tone COS option 701.
•   Enable Limited Wait for Dial Tone COS Option 802.
•   Enable SMDR - Record ANI/DNIS COS Option 814 to allow CLID digits to appear in SMDR reports for Incoming calls.
•   Enable SMDR - Extended Record, COS Option 246, to allow the calling name to appear in SMDR reports for Incoming calls.
•   Enable SMDR - Overwrite Buffer Option 702 if SMDR - Record Incoming Calls Option 806 is Enabled.
Note:   Ensure that COS Option 800 (ANI Applies) is NOT enabled in the class of service of the ISDN trunks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 05:18:11 PM »
•   Enable Incoming Trunk Call Rotary COS option 801.
I am aware that is how you program it, but it does not actually send or receive the digits as "rotary" or pulse dial, digits are sent out of band in the D-Channel. Rotary dial is a Make/Break of the circuit (literally a momentary open), which is impossible on a PRI virtual channel. I could have sworn you can send the * digit but I can't find anything to back that up other than in Modified Digit table you insert a "*" with "**"

OP could try Access code (say 7) + 80X followed by Unknown (or whatever applies), match that in Digits dialed, then send it to a route with modified digit table of delete 1 and inserting ** (which should insert a *).

I swear I have done this before, but it's been a long time... the mind could be foggy here... If it is I apologize for bad info.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:25:11 PM by acejavelin »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 01:58:25 PM »
I don't think it will send a * in the dial string. I remember trying it with ip networking and it wouldn't do it there from what I recall

Offline daniel0581

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 10:44:22 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions and information guys! Unfortunately, Johnp is correct. I have tried using ** in the digits to be inserted and it just ignores it when sending it out over the PRI. I'll work to update the Asterisk dialplan to allow for that to make everything work.

Thanks,
Daniel

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 03:53:39 PM »
What have you found as an advantage to use a PRI versus E&M Tie. Not sure the 200 will pas station name, Think perhaps analog neworking can send extension number  in a star ani star dnis and other stuff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10