Author Topic: Outbound calls: No auto-attendant & No switchboard - HELP?  (Read 928 times)

Offline hambisanassem

• View Profile
Outbound calls: No auto-attendant & No switchboard - HELP?
« on: July 02, 2020, 07:48:03 AM »
Good day Mitel gods!

I hope someone will take pity on me and my lack of knowledge and the predicament I find myself in.

I have adopted a 3300MXE and for the past two weeks have had more issues than I have had to deal with in 5 years.

First let me start off by explaining what the expected behavior of the system should be:

1.  All incoming calls should be diverted to our Receptionist (extension 7100).
2.  All incoming calls should reach our Auto-Attendant first, which announces a couple of options (Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Tech..etc).
3.  Once a caller selected no option or option 8, the call should be answered by the receptionist (at extension 7100).

Now, this used to work perfectly, until nearly two weeks ago, when we started experiencing issues with incoming call quality and one-way voice issues.

After reviewing information shared by our ISP, we changed our SIP IP (Voice Network > Network Element (SIP) > IP) and this resolved the issues regarding one-way voice (don't ask why, but it did...we suspect our ISP made some changes on their end without us knowing and buggered things up on our end as result).  I took a change and changed the IP and everything worked.

Forward to this morning. I arrive here and my mobile start ringing off the hook.. everyone's looking for me because nobody can contact the company's main number.  Did a little digging and discovered that the outbound calls are being forwarded to 5 extensions, and completely bypassing the auto-attendant and Reception extension.

First, quickest fix I could think of, was to restore the backup I made before I applied any changes.  Did this, rebooted the unit, and tested.. no joy.. I checked that the changes I made were undone, and they have been. 

Now I have to ask.. How to I ensure that the system works as it was intended to originally?  I understand that I might have to configure some things from scratch.  The most important functions is to have all external calls be sent to the Receptionist's extension.  I have found various posts explaining the process to configure the auto-attendant and record messages, so will get to that, but for now I need to ensure that the calls reach our switchboard and are no longer forwarded to the other extensions.

Note that I haven't made any changes to the system other than specified, but also that I'm not the only person with access to the system.  I know this is frowned upon in general, but this is beyond my control, so please let's not get stuck there.

Appreciate any and all advice you guys and girls can give me!

Offline hambisanassem

• View Profile
Re: Outbound calls: No auto-attendant & No switchboard - HELP?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 09:03:19 AM »
UPDATE:  We tested the connection to the ISP's CPE (Cisco unit), and discovered frequent packet loss.  Tested the cables, no issues whatsoever.  So will ask the ISP to send their techs out and test (and replace) the unit.  That might explain intermittent call disconnects, but still leaves me with a bunch of questions.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions - I am pretty desperate over here..

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 09:49:38 AM »
There is a lot going on here. It will probably help to put what software release you are using.

Typically one of the first things I check when calls are ringing, but not going where they are suppose to is to see if the number is forwarded.

Offline edmicra

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 11:36:41 AM »
Could it be your system is in night service and routing the calls to these 5 extensions rather than the AA ?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10