Author Topic: Accessing Nupoint voicemail from outside while on vacation.  (Read 1266 times)

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone ran into this issue of users not being able to access their Nupoint mailbox while on vacation/extended leave mode. I have 3300 CX on ver 7.0 SP2 with MiCollab 6.0.206.0 on NuPoint build 17.2.0.3.01.

So users like to check their mailbox while on vacation or extended leave. Basically this would be a good time to have the ability to access your mailbox from outside is when you are on vacation. The user dials their phone number (DID), when they are presented with their voicemail greeting they press feature code * to access their mailbox. The system prompts them for their mailbox passcode. They are able to access mailbox from outside line this way. The feature code does not work when the user puts their greeting to vacation/extended leave. The only way to access mailbox from outside is to put them back into normal greeting. Which means they have to be onsite and physically switch over to normal greeting.

Anyone know of a workaround? I checked the management interface and there is no way for me (as administrator) to switch their voicemail greeting back. Thanks.

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Re: Accessing Nupoint voicemail from outside while on vacation.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »
Okay never mind, this is expected behavior of the system. Reference here too. http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3882.0

Offline eyet60

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Accessing Nupoint voicemail from outside while on vacation.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 10:50:44 PM »
You have to listen to the entire greeting when extended absence is on, but pressing * should work during the system prompt after the greeting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10