Author Topic: AA or IVR with 2 digit dialable option  (Read 886 times)

Offline bajangerry

• View Profile
AA or IVR with 2 digit dialable option
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:22:18 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been asked to setup a Auto Attendant or IVR that will require more than 9 dialable options from the main message and I would like to hear from anyone who has done something similar. The caller will need to be able to enter 2 digits to exit the message system and be directed to the relevant answerpoint but i do not believe this is possible in NuPoint so i am hoping for suggestions here.

Thanks,
Gerry.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AA or IVR with 2 digit dialable option
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »
You could transfer a call to "Gathered Digits" from the caller, but that's really only sending them to a two digit destination, not option "11" from a menu.

At that point you're better off with nested menus because option "1" is likely to get more than its fair share of calls due to timeouts on entering 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, etc.

And if you're an impatient caller like me, I'm mashing 0 for a person by option 6 anyway.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:06:33 PM »
Another vote for nested menus. By the time you listen to a 15 option menu, you've forgotten which one is the thing you're looking for.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 01:14:35 PM »
Nest the menus is the better answer here... Honestly, if your AA is more than 20 seconds and has more than about 5 options, people will start just hanging up, if you make that 10+ options I would bet the percentage of people who just hang up would increase exponentially.

iI don't want to get preachy here, but unless this AA is a huge list of informational mailboxes, this is just a bad solution to a people problem. You can't fix employees not doing their jobs with technology.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10