Author Topic: External/Streaming Music on Hold  (Read 2496 times)

Offline mjkadel

• View Profile
External/Streaming Music on Hold
« on: June 15, 2020, 12:09:39 PM »
I'm in the process of having a new MiVoice Business system installed and are looking for how to get external live "music" on hold. I work for a TV and Radio station, and we're trying to get our broadcast into the phone system live.

The sales engineer for the contractor who is setting it up suggested we get a Pika uWarp Plus
https://www.pikatech.com/music-on-hold-solutions/#1526310543202-effabdba-e1dd

This allows us to configure it with SIP credentials and put in our internet streaming source. It works great for approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes, then disconnects and reconnects. At that point the sound is choppy. It will continue to reconnect every 2:20 with the same choppy sound until it finally disconnects for the final time.

Does anyone have any experience with a device like this, or with a similar device? If there were other ways of delivering the audio to the system we could do that too. We have an MXe III 3300, but it does not have the analog MOH port on the back.

We're moving from an Asterisk based system which allowed our live stream so easily. Before that we had an ancient Millennium which also allowed for this, but all via analog wiring. So 13+ years of this functionality is difficult to give up.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: External/Streaming Music on Hold
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 08:03:58 AM »
I've used a Barix Annuncicom 200 for something similar.   It's a SIP device. 
https://www.barix.com/devices/annuncicom/annuncicom-200/

In our environments, financial trading floors will have at least one TV where they watch Bloomberg.  We use the Annuncicom to take the TV audio and play it through the speakers.  This isn't MOH but a dedicated channel that our Eclipse turrets. 

There are two ways we'll set this up:
1) as an external MOH source for an ACD path in the 3300.
2) as a dial-able device that our Eclipse server dials into to.
Once it's set up, it works fine for a long time without issue.

Ralph

Offline mjkadel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:09:20 AM »
Thanks, Ralph!

Offline mjkadel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:40:10 PM »
FWIW, the issue turned out to be the SIP profile. I think this is what we used, but I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the system still. This is a CSV export of the SIP Device Capabilities for the uWarp.

SIP Device Capabilities,vid1.81,20.0.3.21,
0,1,19,8,24,22,17,13,25,30,35,4,57,36,23,12,5,10,11,56,37,6,26,16,2,55,27,34,18,60,52,53,38,41,29,58,21,54,28,31,32,33,14,9,59,48,49,50,15,39,40,63,64,65,66,67,68,
SIP Device Capabilities Number,Comment,Outbound Proxy Server,Replace System based with Device based In-Call Features,Allow MWI Notifications without Subscription,Enable Digit Collection In Busy Or Alerting State,TLS Only,Allow Device To Use Multiple Active M-Lines,Allow Using UPDATE For Early Media Renegotiation,AVP Only Device,Enable Mitel Proprietary SDP,Force sending SDP in initial Invite message,Ignore SDP Answers in Provisional Responses,IP Media Default,Limit to one Offer/Answer per INVITE,Prevent SDP Renegotiation If Peer Initiated Hold,Prevent the Use of IP Address 0.0.0.0 in SDP Messages,Renegotiate SDP To Enforce Symmetric Codec,Repeat SDP Answer If Duplicate Offer Is Received,Send Answer only after renegotiation is complete,Support CTI Hold/Retrieve,Suppress Use of SDP Inactive Media Streams,Allow Display Update,Allow FQDN for Resiliency,Disable Reliable Provisional Responses,Disable Use of User-Agent and Server Headers,Fail REFER To Keep Call Active On Mid-Call Feature,If TLS use 'sips:' Scheme,Mode for Out-of-Band DTMF,Multilingual Name Display,Override Auto-Answer Headers,Override Auto-Answer Headers With,Q.850 Reason Headers,Remove Anonymous User,Require Reliable Provisional Responses on Outgoing Calls,Suppress Redirection Headers,Use P-Asserted Identity Header,Use user=phone,Enable Distinctive Ringing,Internal Ring,External Ring,Callback Ring,Registration Period Minimum,Session Timer,Session Timer: Local as Refresher,Subscription Period,Subscription Period Minimum,Subscription Period Refresh (%),Invite Ringing Response Timer,Allow Out Subscriptions for Remote Digit Monitoring,Force Out Subscriptions for Remote Digit Monitoring,Creator,Date Created,Created with Version,SIP Device,Vendor Notes,Dial Plan,
1,Uwarp,,No,No,No,No,No,No,Yes,No,No,No,ipv4,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,Yes,No,No,No,No,No,No,RFC 4733 DTMF,No,No,,No,No,No,No,Yes,No,No,<http://www.notused.com>;info=alert-internal,<http://www.notused.com>;info=alert-external,<http://www.notused.com>;info=alert-community1,300,0,No,3600,300,80,0,No,No,,,,,,,

Offline UnityCareNW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 05:09:32 PM »
Hi there - We're in a similar situation as OP, newly set up 3300, and trying to figure out how to get an audio stream in for MOH.  We've purchased an Annuncicom 100, and we're able to get it to register as a SIP extension and have the system call it as the "MOH" target, but for some reason we can't get audio to pass into the system.

Ralph - would you be willing to share your Annuncicom settings and/or the SIP profile on the 3300 for us to compare? I'm sure it's something simple that we're just not doing correctly...Are you using the SIP firmware, or the Instreamer firmware? Or something different?

Thanks for anything you can share.

Offline UnityCareNW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 06:47:29 PM »
So - for anyone else following this thread or looking in the future,  we answered our own question (thanks to the info previously posted about the SIP profile).  The installer was able to get it it to work by enabling "Force sending SDP in initial Invite message" and "Allow Using UPDATE For Early Media Renegotiation" in the SIP profile. The Barix Annuncicom device is set as a "Sip Phone" profile using the SIP firmware, and set to auto-answer incoming calls.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 09:11:42 AM »
Happy to share but I'm not using the Barix Annunicom with the 3300.  I'm using it with our own product, Wesley Clover Solutions Eclipse.  We treat it as a SIP peer, so we pass the call to it via a SIP trunk.

Just recently I discovered that if I assign an extension i.e. 1000 and call it, it will not answer.  But it will answer ~any other~ number I pass to it.  Don't understand why, I just rolled with it.

Ralph

Note: the attachment is automatically deleted after a couple of weeks.

Offline UnityCareNW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
Thanks very much Ralph, kind of you to share.  We were able to get what we needed by letting the Annuncicom register itself as an SIP extension on the 3300 (in our case, we set it as ext. 9995), and then setting that extension as the MOH source for the system. We did have to tweak the SIP profile for the extension as above to get it to work - but now it's working quite well.  Much more cost effective to get audio into the 3300 than the options that Mitel pushes. I would've preferred to use an existing stream, and we probably should've looked at the uWarp device mjkadel is using - but we had access to the Annuncicom and were able to provide analog audio to it from the same source as the stream we wanted to use, so it worked out just fine. 

Really appreciate the response and assistance!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10