Author Topic: Inconsistent VM to email  (Read 3457 times)

Offline dkimball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Inconsistent VM to email
« on: June 11, 2020, 04:40:14 PM »
Hey,

So our VM to email has started to intermittently not work for no reason. No changes have been made to our software or Office 365 accounts, but now sometimes VM doesn't make it through. Earlier today someone called my line and I never got the VM via email, but an hour later I tested it and I could receive the VM from email. Meanwhile, my boss's line wasn't receiving VM to email at all even when it worked for me.

This is the log of me calling my line and it working and calling my boss's line right after and it not working.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:57:31 AM by DND ON »

Offline Travis

• View Profile
Re: Inconsistent VM to email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 12:27:37 PM »
I wouldn't post all of that publicly, might want to remove it.

It appears that your mail server is occasionally blocking the relay. Make sure the account is setup to allow mail relay. Are you using port 25?

Also make sure the first 3 email fields in the email gateway are all set to the email address. Are you running the latest version of programming?

-Travis

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »
I removed the screen shot that contained a lot of personal information.

Please PM the OP for details should you want to provide assistance.

Offline dkimball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 04:43:56 PM »
Oops, thanks for the catch.

I'm very new at this (was thrust into this without having seen the system set up) and not familiar with it at all, so I'm not sure if a relay is allowed. How would I check that?

Looks like we're using SMTP port 587.

I don't know if the version of the MiVo 250HX is the latest, but I think they only can update via USB, not an online check...

Donald

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 04:03:52 PM »
If you go to voice processor>devices>mailboxes>xxx>e-mail synchronization is the email synchronization level set to enhanced? or forward and copy?

What I normally do/suggest for issues like this that don't use enhanced integration is to setup a free gmail account and use that to send the emails. That way you don't have to deal with office 365's password resets and issues.

Make a new gmail account and save the email and password. Go to security settings and allow less secure app access.

In programming go to system>email gateway

Take note of the info in there in case you want to revert.

Fill in the first 3 boxes with the full gmail address Ex "custvm@gmail.com" without quotes

The smtp port is 587
Smtp server is smtp.gmail.com

Email username is the full gmail address and the password is the one you made before.

-Travis

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 04:24:25 PM »
No solution here, but just going to throw out there that we have been seeing this lately as well with Office365... Have a pretty decent sized client doing 100-150 vmail to email's a day, and about 1 in 4 or 5 emails is being rejected with a "530 5.7.57 SMTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM" error message from Office365. Odd as there is no relay going on here, all addresses are hosted in the customer's Office 365 organization. Their service provider for Office 365 is looking into it.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 04:33:53 PM »
Acejavelin,

The newest version 6.3.8.99 I think, has a new field to allow any authorization server. You can try setting that to yes if they are at the latest. Office365 has been a headache for so long hopefully one day it gets better. There is also an OLM Field that you can mess with, I'm not sure if its changed with versions but setting spare word data 2 = 32 forces the system to use the email in the email gateway settings and setting it to 0 sets the email to NoRely@(Domain name in IP Settings) This might be causing that error. I wouldn't recommend trying to OLM change. Its been a while since I've used it not sure if its still accurate. Certain versions change certain spare data uses and mitel doesn't tell us.

Good luck!

Offline dkimball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 05:27:34 PM »
I don't think we're on the latest - how can I update my version? Is there a place on their site?

I'll try the gmail fix in the mean time, thank you!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 08:44:01 AM »
Dkimball,

In order to upgrade the system to the latest version you need to have paid for software assurance, then depending on how old your system is you may need to upgrade your flash card. There is no free upgrades. What version are you on? I will see if there are any fixes that may help you if there are any available service pack upgrades.

The gmail should work perfectly fine with no issue.

Happy to help,
-Travis

Offline dkimball

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 05:31:55 PM »
Hey,

Looks like the gmail solution worked! Had to enable IMAP and Pop, but once I got that sorted it seems to be functioning as normal.

We're on version 6.2.5.93 I believe.

Thanks!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 10:06:27 AM »
Glad to hear! You shouldn't have any problems with the gmail. Good luck ;D

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 11:07:35 AM »
We're also experiencing this intermittent issue using Office 365. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. We're on programming version 6.3.7.97. I might suggest Travis' gmail option to my manager as an alternative since that seems to be working...any security issues with that method, since we wouldn't be using one of our o365 addresses?

or does anyone else have a fix for this possibly? Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 08:13:01 AM »
jcatucci812,

The issue is with O365 and not with your phone system so there is little that can be done on the MiVO-250 to help out with this issue.

The work around that Travis has suggested is something that can work, but we have had issues with the security measures with Free Google Mail, but not with the paid version. Apparently the Free version keeps resetting the Security Settings and blocking the MiVO-250 messages.

This is easy to keep track of and I do believe that it keeps the attachment as well so nothing is lost.

As for whether or not you should do this, that is up to your company policy. I do not know of any security issues with Google's Email Service at this time. You could also setup your own Relay server which is what my company did to get around this issue for our customers.

Thanks,

TE

Offline aswerner01

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 01:59:10 PM »
Hello, is anyone still available on this thread? Experiencing intermittent email relay issues using a Gmail email within the MiVoice 250 DB Programming. While using the SMTP Port 587, the SMTP server stmp.gmail.com, and an App password from Gmail for Gateway Password, only some voicemails are sent to emails. IMAP and POP are disabled, and as of now with Gmail's latest security setting update, I don't believe I can turn on "use less secure apps".

When there is an error (no email sent), we receive the below error email in the Sent folder: ("xxxx" is intentional for security, this is not our actual email)

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<xxxx@gmail.com> SIZE=137643:
    host smtp.gmail.com [74.125.141.108]: 530-5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at
    530 5.7.0  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=WantAuthError y6-20020a1f6406000000b003843870d680sm2595509vkb.17 - gsmtp

Any recommendations?

Offline QCtech

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 02:23:49 PM »
@aswerner01 what version of software are you running? You may need to upgrade to at least 6.3 SP5. I believe that is the version that Mitel added the "Allow Any Authorization servers". That must be checked to YES. I have this same setup working at a couple of customers. Port 587 and smtp.gmail.com as the server with an app password.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10