Author Topic: Default display names  (Read 1450 times)

Offline VincentArriola

• View Profile
Default display names
« on: June 11, 2020, 03:25:33 AM »
Hello!
New user/administrator on the Mitel Mivoice Office 250. Public Education with a mix of 6940 IP handsets and digital 8568 handsets.

As it is currently configured, it looks like the digital phones are displaying the Username from the user associated with the phones extension. Being a school, teachers are requesting that the phone only display their last names and not their first names. Is there a simple option I'm overlooking for where these display names are pulled from?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:28:38 AM by VincentArriola »

Offline Travis

• View Profile
Re: Default display names
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 09:10:42 AM »
System, devices and features, phones, you should see a bunch of phones on the right hand side, if not you may need to select a node. Once you see all the phones simply change the username for name on phone, change the description for the directory.

-Travis

Offline VincentArriola

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 12:28:54 PM »
That was my first thought as well. I've changed both the Description and the Username but the digital phones are still displaying the user's full name.

Offline VincentArriola

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 01:58:42 PM »
Upon further inspection, I think this is because the digital phones are using the Active Directory sync'd names. Is there somewhere where I can specify which field to populate the name fields with - Or specify that the phone system displays the local username rather than the AD First Name and Last Name?

I see AD attribute fields for phone numbers and extensions but I am not seeing anything for name values.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10