Author Topic: MiCollab Client Softphones for PC and Mobile  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MiCollab Client Softphones for PC and Mobile
« on: June 10, 2020, 09:32:22 PM »
Guys,

I have a customer that wants their users to have both the Mobile and PC softphones for the MiCollab Clients. I have UCCv4 Standard licensing that allows both Mobile and PC softphones, but I don't know how to set this up and what the limitation of it would be.

Any help with this would be appreciated as I can't find any documentation on how to setup either softphone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiCollab Client Softphones for PC and Mobile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 11:13:17 PM »
Guys,

I have a customer that wants their users to have both the Mobile and PC softphones for the MiCollab Clients. I have UCCv4 Standard licensing that allows both Mobile and PC softphones, but I don't know how to set this up and what the limitation of it would be.

Any help with this would be appreciated as I can't find any documentation on how to setup either softphone.

Thanks,

TE

First step is going to be getting a certificate on the MiCollab if one doesn't exist. What Mitel calls the 'next-gen client' 8.x or greater requires it. You'll also have to sort out how the MiCollab interfaces with the world if these users are going to be off LAN or not using a VPN.

Here is plenty of documentation - https://www.mitel.com/document-center/applications/collaboration/micollab/micollab-client

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »
Just to clarify, they want to have the option to use either the PC or mobile client softphone, or both at the same time? The first option is a pretty standard setup. Just be sure to either have an external IP you can assign to the WAN side interface of MiCollab, or use a 2nd MBG in a DMZ to proxy the internet traffic. Then as long as you have a valid SSL cert (LetsEncrypt works too for budget-minded customers) and external DNS pointing correctly it's pretty easy and the user can switch which device has the softphone on the fly.

Once you have the server side stuff up, you just configure the users with a softphone extension, enable teleworker for it, deploy their MiCollab client and they can have multiple instances of it running on various devices (I have mine running on at least 3 different PC's and 2 mobile phones), but again, softphone can only be active on one at a time. You may be able to program more than 1 softphone in the user's MDUG, depending on licensing, but I've never actually had a use case for that.

Offline Odycon

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 10:07:52 AM »
I think the only way you will be able to use multiple Mobile client softphones (either on a mobile phone or desktop)would be to have them in separate Multidevice groups as only one device within the group can be used at any one time.
This would also require an additional UCC Licence so it could get quite expensive

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10