Author Topic: One user not receiving VM emails  (Read 906 times)

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
One user not receiving VM emails
« on: June 10, 2020, 04:23:14 PM »
I tried troubleshooting this myself before coming here, but I'm out of steps to try. We have VM email forwarding set up for a couple of our users in our Mitel 250 system. A couple of months ago it stopped working (I think it was when we upgraded from 5000 to 250), but then a few weeks back it randomly started working again. However, there is one user that is still not receiving emails. Here are some things I checked:

- If I go to edit the user, I see the email sync settings are correct - Forward & Copy and MP3 as the format.
- This user didn't have a login password (which I would always see a message about when loading up DB Programming), so I set a password for his user account thinking maybe there was some security preventing email forwarding from functioning. Regardless if that's true or not, it didn't make a difference.
- I tried deleting some potential "ghost" spaces in his email address field just to make sure there wasn't an extra space at the end that was throwing anything off.
- His Email Sync with MWI Client is set to Yes, while two other users' whose VM email forwarding works is set to No. I didn't want to change that setting because I didn't want to screw anything up since the user we're dealing with is high on the food chain. I wouldn't think that would make a difference anyway, would it?

And that's where I'm at. I was looking all around for other settings but nothing stuck out to me.

Thank you for your help in advance! 

Offline Travis

• View Profile
Re: One user not receiving VM emails
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 04:56:49 PM »
Hey jcatucci812,

Is his email setup for enhanced integration or forward and copy?

-Travis

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 08:04:38 AM »
Hey jcatucci812,

Is his email setup for enhanced integration or forward and copy?

-Travis
Hi Travis,

Forward and copy.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 09:15:27 AM »
Is it just this one user? If so, it sounds like they are getting their emails but their device isn't syncing the emails in a timely fashion. Or the server is frequently not responding.

The mail server doesn't care what address the emails are being sent to, it doesn't prioritize anyone, If he receives his email, even after a long time the programming is correct.

Check your mail.mainlog Log. You can DM me them if you would like me to take a look for you.

-Travis

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10