Author Topic: Conference calls feature access code  (Read 1098 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
Conference calls feature access code
« on: June 10, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get the conference call feature access code working but it just doesn't seem to be recognize.  I configured the access code to be *4*  for conference call in the "system properties - system feature settings - feature access code" form and once I'm on a call and i press  * 4 *,  nothing happens.

The phone that I'm testing this on is a mitel 5212 IP phone and the built-in transfer call button does work properly.  When I'm on a call,  I press the conference call button and the existing party member is being put on hold while the line opens up allowing my to call a 3rd party member and I'm then able to bring him in by pressing the conference call button again.

please help.

thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Conference calls feature access code
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
That FAC is for analog/SL devices... Check the help for the feature Conference and you will see that the 5212 doesn't need a FAC to do a conference. Just TRANS/CONF dial next number, T/C and dial next party, T/C dial next party, and T/C twice to join them all together.

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 07:58:06 AM »
That FAC is for analog/SL devices... Check the help for the feature Conference and you will see that the 5212 doesn't need a FAC to do a conference. Just TRANS/CONF dial next number, T/C and dial next party, T/C dial next party, and T/C twice to join them all together.

Yup, all of my testing had been done while checking the help section for the conference page.  What led me to create this post was the fact that we need conference calls to work for soft phones, not necessarily for 5212 IP phones.  I thought "if the FAC doesn't even work on the 5212, how could it even work on the soft phone".  But I did learn something with your post, i can have more than 3 party members in a conference by following what you suggested, thank you for that!

We're testing out the 3cx soft phone (no server installed, just the soft phone connected to the pbx) and our users are wondering if call conference works.  For some of them, it would be a deal breaker, to switch to a soft phone.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 08:06:25 AM »

Yup, all of my testing had been done while checking the help section for the conference page.  What led me to create this post was the fact that we need conference calls to work for soft phones, not necessarily for 5212 IP phones.  I thought "if the FAC doesn't even work on the 5212, how could it even work on the soft phone".  But I did learn something with your post, i can have more than 3 party members in a conference by following what you suggested, thank you for that!

We're testing out the 3cx soft phone (no server installed, just the soft phone connected to the pbx) and our users are wondering if call conference works.  For some of them, it would be a deal breaker, to switch to a soft phone.
You can have up to 8 parties in an ad hoc conference, it is defined in system options.

As long as your COS and SIP Capabilities are built correctly, you shouldn't have any issue conferencing on softphones, or any device really... The MiVB has become quite device agnostic.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »
I like the idea of ad hoc for similar situations as it may be easier for the end user. Call one party transfer them, call another etc, then join

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10