Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - SYS ALARM #101 error  (Read 3249 times)

Offline krasi69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - SYS ALARM #101 error
« on: June 01, 2020, 03:01:41 PM »
Hello,
We have Mitel 5000 phone system and the software "MiVoice Office 250 System Administration & Diagnostics".
My phone was broken and I received the error "SYS ALARM #101" on its screen. I replaced my phone with new
phone and I changed the phone cable. Now I don't have signal on my new phone. I see the same error
"SYS ALARM #101" on our Mitel 5000 system. The other phones in the company work well. I tried to clear
this error with the codes 9850 and 9851 from another working phone. This didn't work because maybe the
other phone is not Admin phone. Our Admin extension is 388 but I don't have phone for it.

How can I clear this alarm code from Mitel 5000 and recover the signal of my phone ?
Can I do this by entering of some codes of just by restarting of Mitel 5000 from the software ?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - SYS ALARM #101 error
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 03:14:20 PM »
Krasi69,

Here is the diagnosis of Alarm 101: Device [b.p.d] 'Ext. eeeee': Reset Due To Excessive Hardware Failures.

So, basically, you need to determine if it is a phone issue, cable issue, or port issue on the card. Since the other phones on the card aren't having any issues then most likely it isn't that, but you could just have a single bad port on it.

The typical culprit is either the phone or the cabling in between the port and the phone. The cabling includes the cross-connects, category cabling, base cords, and jacks; the entire copper medium. To find out if it is the phone just put it in a place where a known good phone is working and see if the problem moves with it, but use the known good phones base cord; if it does then it is the phone. If the problem doesn't move with the phone then it is a card or cabling issue.

Next I would try to move the port to another cable by changing the cross connect and see if the problem moves with it. The best and most efficient way to test is to swap two extensions around and see if the problem moves or stays at the same location. If it moves then it is the card port having an issue and may need to get replaced; try resetting the card first. If it stays at the same location then it is the cabling.

Since the horizontal run is the hardest to fix start with the base cord and cross-connects followed by the jack. After testing all of that and it looks good then the problem is most likely the cable or the pairs in use. You could start with just swapping the pair used to see if the problem goes away.

If you want to clear the alarm out then just do it at the front of the phone system or the administrators phone. To clear at the system use the circle button to start the menu search and go to the system menu. press the down arrow until you see clear alarms and just clear one at a time until they are all gone or go to clear all alarms and that will clear out everything. I don't like using the clear all alarms, but hey it isn't my system so it is up to you.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10