Author Topic: Call re-routing changing the final destination mail box.  (Read 783 times)

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
Call re-routing changing the final destination mail box.
« on: May 29, 2020, 12:47:24 PM »
I have a DID that needs to follow 3 different routes for Day, N1, and N2.

•   Day:
Calls ring in to a ring group (2000).  This group rings ext. 1001 and 1002 for 20 seconds then go to an “General front counter” mailbox.

•   N1:
Calls ring into a multi-level auto attendant (or Transfer Only if that’s a better choice).  The caller gets a message that says “We are open but not at the counter….”  Users can dial an extension or “stay on the line OR press 0”.  If they press 0 or make no choice they will ring to a Ring group with the same two exts and then time out to the same “General front counter” mailbox.  We can use the same ring group as above or create a new one).

•   N2:
Calls ring into a multi-level auto attendant (or Transfer Only if that’s a better choice).  The caller gets a message that says “We are closed and can’t take your call…”  Users can dial an extension or “stay on the line OR press 0.  If they press 0 or make no choice they will go to the same “General front counter” mailbox. 

I need to be able to change the modes manually so the clerk can put it into N1 whenever he is away from the counter and N2 at the end of the work day.
Here is what I tried and what is going wrong:

1.   I created a name tag hunt group (2500) and a mailbox (2500).  I will use 2500 as a call router using call re-routing and MB2500 will be my General front counter mailbox.
2.   I then created another name tag hunt group (*2500) and set call re-routing always to VM to use as my ring group overflow point.
3.   My day ring group is 2000 and N1 ring group is 2001.  Both using *2500 as the overflow point.
4.   On 2500 I set call rerouting-day to 2000 and N1 to 2001.
5.   When I test incoming calls to 2500 it goes to the correct ring group (2000 in Day, 2001 in N1), then forwards to MB2500 both Day and N1 as it should.

So far so good.  The problem now is that I need an announcement before N1 goes to ring group 2001.  The caller needs to be able to dial an extension , stay on the line or dial 0 for assistance.  Time out and Dial 0 need to go to 2001.

1.   I created a name tag hunt group 2501 - N1 Greeting and set the call re-routing always to Voice Mail.
2.   I then created a MLAA MB2501 with 2001 as the operator ext. and recorded a greeting.
3.   I changed the call re-routing N1 on 2500 to 2501 (thinking the call will go to MB 2501 and play the greeting).

Now when I call in, the call goes directly to mailbox 2500.  It is not going to my MLAA, and it never rings the ring group.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10