Author Topic: Monitoring the phone system  (Read 1067 times)

Offline wildwood

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Monitoring the phone system
« on: May 14, 2020, 07:25:29 AM »
So I have SNMP setup to get some data on the phone system but would really like to get the number of SIP lines that are being used. The Contact centre API does not seem to give me this and is only agent related.

We currently have 180 lines and I want to know if we are using them all or getting close. We also have ISDN that we use for backup so it would be good to monitor if we have failed over onto that.

Is anyone reporting on these sort of metrics. Can anyone point me the right direction?

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Monitoring the phone system
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »
See if the SIP STATS ALL gets you what you are looking for

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Monitoring the phone system
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 06:17:36 AM »
Channel utilisation is not in the MIB, unfortunately.
I haven't checked very recently but last time I was reading the release notes for MiCC there was *still* no support for traffic stats on SIP trunks.
If you watch the SMDR stream you will be able to see when calls are on ISDN because the trunk numbers will look different.
Also you can use the "Expensive Route" option on ARS and callers will get a message on their phones when it has moved on to the next route.
If a SIP trunk has failed it will raise an alarm, that will be visible with SNMP or an email alert.
The only place I've ever managed to get channel utilisation statistics from is an upstream SIP gateway.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10