Author Topic: Invalid Voicemailbox  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Honest Bob

• View Profile
Invalid Voicemailbox
« on: May 13, 2020, 02:53:01 PM »
Hey guys I am having issues recreating a voicemailbox for ext 225 on our MiVoice 250 system. It was a previous phone/user/mailbox that I deleted and am trying to recreate. Everything looks fine and the extension works but when dialing 6 to leave a voicemail for 225 it says invalid mailbox. Any ideas?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Invalid Voicemailbox
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 05:41:48 PM »
What is "6"?

If the mailbox exists, you should be able to dial the application extension of the voicemail and enter the mailbox number and leave a message, or *225 and it should prompt you for the passcode.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:25:19 PM »
Hello,

Did you also go to voice processor/devices/mailboxes and make an associated mailbox? Make sure to do an import/export after creating the mailbox.

Thanks,
Travis

Offline Honest Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 02:28:27 PM »
What is "6"?

If the mailbox exists, you should be able to dial the application extension of the voicemail and enter the mailbox number and leave a message, or *225 and it should prompt you for the passcode.

6 on our system I believe is a shortcut to *225. *225 says that mailbox does not exist.

Offline Honest Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »
Hello,

Did you also go to voice processor/devices/mailboxes and make an associated mailbox? Make sure to do an import/export after creating the mailbox.

Thanks,
Travis

There is an appropriate associated mailbox. I have tried an import/export after creating the mailbox with no luck.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 12:01:05 PM »
Do you have multiple nodes setup? Is extensions 6 your voicemail system? What happens if you dial 6 *? Does it prompt you to login?

Offline Honest Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 09:35:49 AM »
We do have multiple nodes.  Pressing 6 brings up IC to Voicemail and then asks for the extension you want to leave a message to.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 01:40:06 PM »
Is this phone on the same node as your phone? If not 6 will likely not be the extension to access it. Go to the extension in programming, go to forwarding paths, open up the path to voicemail and change Fwd Call type - IC Calls to yes. Dial the extension of the phone and let it ring. Does it go to voicemail? Make sure that forwarding path is setup to go to the correct applications voicemail extension. This can be determined by going to the applications of the node the voicemailbox is programmed on (Example voice processor>Devices>Mailboxes> It will list the nodes, note which node the mailbox is on. Then go to Devices>Applications>Same node> and search for "Voice Mail" In the "Type" Column. Is this different than 6?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10