Author Topic: Mitel Phone Manager 5.2 keeps microphone when used as a softphone  (Read 1330 times)

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
We've recently started using Mitel Phone Manager as a Softphone client, to enable people to work from home.

We've been using the Jabra Evolve 40 USB headset, which works very well.

I've gone on to to try a Jabra Evolve 65 headset, which is a bluetooth headset that looks almost identical to the Jabra Evolve 40.  It works very well during calls, but I've noticed that it's dropping into "Voice link" mode whenever an application grabs the microphone.  When it's not in "voice link" mode, the sound quality is great.  The moment I start Phone Manager, it changes from Stereo to Mono and drops the quality.  It makes music or anything other than voice sound like an old gramophone, complete with crackling sound for anything above a certain volume!

Applications like Teams or Voice Recorder only grab the mic when they need to, but I've found out that Mitel Phone Manager grabs it constantly, as soon as it connects as a Softphone/SIP client.

Does anyone know how to report this issue to Mitel or Xarios?  Seems like a bug to me and limits the functionality of the headset which otherwise works very well.

I realise that the headsets I've chosen aren't on Mitel/Xarios's compatibility list so they may not be keen to make changes, but it's worth a shot... besides, having the microphone icon at the bottom right of the screen to show you're being listened to even when you're not on a call may be of concern to some!

Thanks,
Matty Brown.

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
Re: Mitel Phone Manager 5.2 keeps microphone when used as a softphone
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 03:15:15 AM »
Our supplier has reproduced the issue with a headset by Plantronics.  Again, sound quality outside of calls whenever Mitel Phone Manager has the microphone is poor.

A case has been raised with Mitel ref SUP187400.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 06:17:46 PM »
Is there a dongle key for this set? Heard this works better in other apps and fixes issues

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 06:20:44 PM »
Is there a dongle key for this set? Heard this works better in other apps and fixes issues

The Jabra Evolve 65 comes with a Jabra Link 370 USB dongle, which is a bluetooth dongle specifically for use with their headsets with an LED indicator on it to tell you what mode it's in, etc.

The reliability of it is great... but the mono, voice quality audio you get out of the headphones whenever Mitel PM has the microphone is poor, because of the "voice link" mode feature.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10