Author Topic: MiVoice 250 Voicemail to Email TLS 1.2  (Read 2926 times)

Offline bnob

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVoice 250 Voicemail to Email TLS 1.2
« on: May 07, 2020, 02:57:26 PM »
We have a couple of MiVoice 250s and use them with Office 365 to forward voicemail to email via SMTP. Currently things are working fine but Microsoft is going to be disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1 sometime in the near future so we need to be using TLS 1.2. Does anyone know how we can change the version of TLS being used? Message headers show TLS 1.0 being used. We are on version 6.2.3.53.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice 250 Voicemail to Email TLS 1.2
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 03:56:57 PM »
bnob,

You will need to have your system upgraded to at least 6.3 SP2, but I would just go to the latest version [6.3 SP4] for that.

Release 6.3 SP2
This section briefly describes the new features, hardware, and enhancements available on the MiVoice Office 250 when equipped with the 6.3 SP2 software release.

Improved functionality for SIP Phones, especially 6900 SIP Phones
Intercom can be dialed on the keypad of 6900 SIP phone. This improvement also needs MiVoice Office Application Suite Release 5.1 SP2 or later.

Default value for SIP devices "audio for calls camped onto this device" is set to 'Ringback' instead of 'MOH'. When 'MOH' has not been installed, there was only silence. An upgrade of an existing system retains previous setting.

When adding off-node devices to 'hunt groups' or 'ring in destinations', the device type 'IP / Digital' is renamed to 'IP / Digital / SIP / 6900' to make it clear that this needs to be selected for 6900 SIP Phones.

The default values for device type '6900 SIP phone' are also perfect for the Phone Manager clients. It is now renamed to '6900/Phone Manager SIP phone'.

Security Updates
MiVoice Office 250 is GDPR compliant.

MiVoice Office 250 offers TLS 1.2 on all secured system connections. The applications "System Administration" (Sys Ad) and "Database programming" (DBP) applications connect with TLS 1.2 to MiVoice Office 250.

Default value for OAI/WEB/SIP ports are set to disabled. They need to be enabled before they can be used. An upgrade of an existing system retains previous setting.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bnob

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 05:25:55 PM »
We upgraded to the latest release today and I'm still seeing voicemail messages using TLS 1.0. Any other suggestions? I'm not seeing anywhere in programming that I can specify what TLS version to use.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 01:51:10 PM »
We upgraded to the latest release today and I'm still seeing voicemail messages using TLS 1.0. Any other suggestions? I'm not seeing anywhere in programming that I can specify what TLS version to use.
TLS version is negotiated and should be specified by the server... The client just needs to support it.

Offline ebarrette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 08:59:38 AM »
Hello,
Have you had any luck with this? We have an Office 250 as well, and encountered the same TLS 1.0 after upgrading.  I was expecting additional options in the email gateway settings, but found none.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10