Author Topic: How to route outbound calls via a 2nd PBX  (Read 802 times)

Offline Mitel3300

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to route outbound calls via a 2nd PBX
« on: April 30, 2020, 05:11:45 PM »
Friends,

We have two 3300 PBXes that are clustered/networked.

PBX A has a PRI, PBX B has PRI and SIP connections.

I would like to route NON-ACD outbound calls originating from PBX A sent out from the SIP connection of PBX B.

Currently, outbound calling is only possible from PBX A if the caller is logged into ACD (which is homed in PBX B).

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I am clueless about where to even start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline JasonTaylor

• View Profile
Re: How to route outbound calls via a 2nd PBX
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 04:01:20 AM »
Friends,

We have two 3300 PBXes that are clustered/networked.

PBX A has a PRI, PBX B has PRI and SIP connections.

I would like to route NON-ACD outbound calls originating from PBX A sent out from the SIP connection of PBX B.

Currently, outbound calling is only possible from PBX A if the caller is logged into ACD (which is homed in PBX B).

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I am clueless about where to even start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You would just need to add an ARS route in PBXA to go via PBXB under call rerouting / ARS. The difficult part is setting up a COR Group that bars you dialling out over the normal set of trunks routes, and allows you to dial out over this particular route, then apply the COR to the relevant extensions.  If the COR is shared across the systems, this may also impact on what can be dialled when it hits PBX2.

Alternatively set up a unique ARS digit eg 8 or 9* and point it to your route which goes to PBXB (just remember to absorb the digits and only present a 9 so that PBXA knows where to route the digits within its own ARS route table).

This is quite technical stuff!  Automatic Route Selection is one of the most difficult things on Mitel 3300 to get your head around.

Jason

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10