Author Topic: Issue with CID on extension to extension twinning  (Read 939 times)

Offline llars

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Issue with CID on extension to extension twinning
« on: April 29, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »
Trying to nail down an issue with Caller ID on twinned calls. Right now on an extension to extension call the twinned device will show the main number instead of the extension. My sales team claims that calls used to show the 4-digit extension instead of the main number.

I went into the COS settings for the hot desk device and set "Hot Desk External User - Display Internal Calling ID" to yes. When I make this change and test I get "Unknown" as the caller ID on the mobile device.

I do not believe this is a carrier issue because I can push out any CPN I want from the system, even if it isn't our number. Also if I direct dial a twinned extension from an external number the number gets passed to the twinned extension.

Ideally I would like for external calls to show the external number (currently working) and internal calls to show the extension (not working) on the mobile device.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with CID on extension to extension twinning
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 10:36:49 PM »
I think if you strip out the CLID for internal calls, it's also going to strip it out for normal outbound calls.  For example, if you call an outside line, it will  show the four digits rather than the caller ID.

In my opinion, you'd want the caller ID to show all digits.  That way you can call back missed calls without having to dial all the digits.

Ralph

Offline llars

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 12:01:22 PM »
Yeah I think I nailed down WHAT the issue is, just not sure how to fix it. My carrier does let me send whatever I want for CPN, but only if it's 10 digits. When I set my CPN to xxxx and placed an outbound call I got an unknown.

I'm not sure if there's a setting in the Mitel to send 10-digit CPN on extension to extension but only for twinned hotdesking. I'm thinking this may require Mobile Extension to resolve.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 01:20:17 PM »
Check the cos for EHDU under display

Offline llars

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 02:02:41 PM »
I'm aware of the "Hot Desk External User - Display Internal Calling ID" field but I don't see field in that section to get it so send 10-digit CID instead of 4-digit which is what I need to fix the issue.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »
Jind of catch 22 if you want the EHDU to see a specific CID, then all callers will see the same.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10