Author Topic: Legacy Client vs NextGen - What are you using?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline tylerdami

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Legacy Client vs NextGen - What are you using?
« on: April 22, 2020, 09:21:44 PM »
Hi All,

I am a new Mitel user, running MiCloud Flex (3300). I am trying to understand what is the best client for my users. I have tried both the 7.3 and 8.1 clients, and I find the 7.3 client much more functional especially when paired with the MCA installed. I also find the legacy client easier to deploy and configure.

Video calling also seems to work much better with the legacy client, and it appears to use a MCA backend to produce the video, where the NextGen client looks like it uses native SIP video.

The NextGen client has a much better chat interface and better native integration with presence and Outlook. I understand this is the way forward and I don't want to start on end of life software.

What are you all doing? Any suggestions or recommendations? Any limitations I should know about?

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
Re: Legacy Client vs NextGen - What are you using?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 05:18:19 AM »
Hi,

Since the "NextGen" client has released i used that one. I find it much easier to deploy, just click on the link and if it is all OK it works on instance. The SIP Sofphone configuration for the NextGen client is much easier than the 7.3 client, you do not have to configure the teleworker option yourself in the client.

And what you stated this is the feature client they gonna use. Also when you have UCC entry licenses in combination with the 7.3 client you do not have the dynamic status option available while in the NextGen client you have.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 04:30:00 PM »
My only beef with the NexGen client is the inability to pull in groups from AD on IDS integrated MiCollab servers. This is a big issue with my larger customers.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 06:57:52 PM »
tylerdami,

The 8.1 client is not recommended by Mitel, but the 7.3 client is still packaged and available for download even from the latest version of MiCollab 9.1.

All of our trainers are pushing for the NexGen Web client due to how easy it is to train and there isn't an installation since it is through a web browser. I know it currently doesn't have all of the features the client does, but it does have the majority of what our user-base wants from the client.

Thanks,

TE

Offline tylerdami

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 11:32:49 AM »
Thanks all! Appreciative your feedback.

Offline mcain

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 11:53:36 AM »
The 8.1 client is not recommended by Mitel, but the 7.3 client is still packaged and available for download even from the latest version of MiCollab 9.1.

It is not recommended by Mitel??  Can you elaborate on that?  In what situations/configurations is it not recommended?

We also are still using the Legacy 7.3 client but are having issues and my Mitel Partner is struggling to figure them out.  Their latest recommendation is to migrate to NextGen 8.1.  But they can't explain how that will solve the problems we're having.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10