Author Topic: Issue with voicemails coming back to PBX  (Read 747 times)

Offline RNJack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Issue with voicemails coming back to PBX
« on: April 21, 2020, 09:44:01 AM »
We're forwarding most user's calls to their cell phones with Dynamic Extension. A requirement was that the voicemail would end up on the PBX and not on the user's cell phone if the call was missed.

To facilitate this I had their Direct Dial ring for 1 second before ringing to the mobile number and then transferring it again to the user's voicemail after 30 seconds. Aside from a delay from the person dialing to the person answering on their cell phone, this has worked. However, I have one user who's missed calls get stuck on their cell phone and won't transfer back.

Any ideas on why their phone isn't completing the Dynamic Extension path? 

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Re: Issue with voicemails coming back to PBX
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 09:47:39 AM »
Maybe their STEP Timer in the DEE tab on the Webportal.   Is the timer so long, that the cell Vmail is catching the call prior to it being pulled back?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 09:57:12 AM »
RNJack,

Did you make sure that the Human Answer Supervision was turned on so it doesn't mistake the Cell Phone VM answering as an answered call?

Thanks,

TE

Offline RNJack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 04:25:07 PM »
jbbts' suggestion solved the issue for me. We had the cell phone ringing for 30 seconds, reducing it to 20 seconds properly placed the call into the PBX's voicemail.

I did try Tech Electronics' suggestion, however, the user reported that they when they answere4d the call, they could hear the tone ringing instead of getting the caller. When they hung up the voicemail still correctly transferred to the PBX. I turned off the tone and it seemed to work as intended.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10