Author Topic: Telnet credentials  (Read 2163 times)

Offline jlunning

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Telnet credentials
« on: April 19, 2020, 01:46:03 PM »
Are the telnet accounts different than the web login accounts for the 3300?  I can login to the web console (ESM?) just fine as "system" and it's password.  But the same credentials tell me invalid username/password when trying to login via telnet on port 23. 

Also, the whole reason I'm trying to login under telnet is so I can try to logsys read smdr all and have it output to a window that is over 80 characters wide so I can get each record on one line for a clean copy/paste.   When I logsys read smdr all through the web maintenance command section it wraps the longer lines leading to a less than ideal copy/paste.  Also, when I telnet to port 1752 or FTP the log I just get new SMDR records as of the time if that particular connection, not the full buffer history like I get when I logsys read smdr all.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Telnet credentials
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 09:51:13 PM »
Telnet is essentially the "old" SX-2000 maintenance console, or used to be... I think it's just gone as of MiVB 9... The credentials are installer/sx2000 but I don't think you will get what your looking for as it will be in a VT100/ANSI terminal that will line wrap at 72-74 characters. Also note you will need to use escape codes for navigate, like ESC-1 for option 1, ESC-2 for option 2, etc. Note that some maintenance commands work, and others do not, this is literally a "left over" from the old SX2000 system and is not intended to be used for any purpose unless directed by technical support.

Honestly, just do a logsys read smdr all in maintenance commands of ESM, then CTRL-A and paste into notepad++ and you should be good.

Offline jlunning

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 11:42:42 AM »
installer/sx2000 didn't work.  I'll abandon telnet.

Back to the ESM.... I tried this method first.  However, when I paste into Notepad++ or any other program, the longer lines (typically incoming calls) are wrapped to a second line.  There is a newline character plus several spaces, then the rest of the info.  I suppose I can write a python script or something to clean it up and get each record on 1 line, but was hoping to avoid that.

On a related note.... is there a way to force smdr to spit out it's entire history buffer when you connect to port 1752?   That would be the most ideal.  The maintenance command in ESM gives the full buffer, but port 1752 only gives new calls as of the time I connect to it.

It's like I can either get the full history in a less than ideal format or I can get only the new calls but in a clean format.  Trying to get the best of both worlds but doesn't seem like that's possible.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 02:04:48 PM »
installer/sx2000 didn't work.  I'll abandon telnet.

Back to the ESM.... I tried this method first.  However, when I paste into Notepad++ or any other program, the longer lines (typically incoming calls) are wrapped to a second line.  There is a newline character plus several spaces, then the rest of the info.  I suppose I can write a python script or something to clean it up and get each record on 1 line, but was hoping to avoid that.

On a related note.... is there a way to force smdr to spit out it's entire history buffer when you connect to port 1752?   That would be the most ideal.  The maintenance command in ESM gives the full buffer, but port 1752 only gives new calls as of the time I connect to it.

It's like I can either get the full history in a less than ideal format or I can get only the new calls but in a clean format.  Trying to get the best of both worlds but doesn't seem like that's possible.
When you connect, it will send the entire buffer back to the last entry that was successfully delivered via port 1752... So basically the answer is no.

Have you considered building a virtual print device, connecting your computer to it with putty, then doing "logsys print smdr all"?

This post might give you a place to start... http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3792.0

Offline jlunning

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 04:18:42 PM »
I had not thought of that.  I figured the print function was useless due to the fact we don't have an actual printer hooked up to the mitel.   

I just ran "logsys print smdr all" and it spits out the entire buffer to port 1752.  That's exactly what I needed.  Thank you.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 05:58:21 AM »
Depending on version of software you can also schedule the export of SMDR to an FTP server.

From MCD 5.0 I think.

Offline jlunning

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:46 AM »
Actually I did send the SMDR log to FTP.  It worked, however the resulting file only showed a handful of recent call records, not the full buffer.   It seems that going in the maintenance command and telling it to print the entire smdr log was what I needed.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 09:38:14 PM »
Yes I believe it shows all calls since the last FTP export, that way there will be no duplicates.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10