Author Topic: SMDR for menu node / non-prime broadcast group  (Read 946 times)

Offline jlunning

• Contributer
    • View Profile
SMDR for menu node / non-prime broadcast group
« on: April 16, 2020, 02:47:15 PM »
I'm new to the Mitel platform and some PBX terms in general, so bear with me....   I have an extension, 3600, that is an auto-attendant voice mail box.  Basically an external customer calls the full DID of this number XXX-XXXX-3600, immediately gets a pre-recorded message (3600 Voicemail box), then can press 0 or 1 to be transferred to another extension, 3630, which rings a bunch of phones, then goes to the 3630 voice mail box if no one picks up.

The problem I'm having is that if someone calls XXX-XXXX-3600, regardless of whether they listen to the message and hang up or press 0 or 1 to continue to a live person, the call is not showing up in SMDR.

When I go to a maintenance shell and type in LOCATE NUMBER 3600, it says "The number refers to a Non Prime Broadcast Group."  I know it is assigned as a secondary extension on one of our handsets and set not to ring.  In Call Routing, I have 3600 set to go immediately to voice mail aka the auto attendant.

I looked in SMDR options and I feel like I we have everything turned on already that would be relevant.

I'm trying to get logs of all calls to XXX-XXXX-3600.  If someone has some advice for me I would appreciate it.  I'm wondering if I set this auto-attendant up incorrectly for logging in the first place.

Thanks

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Re: SMDR for menu node / non-prime broadcast group
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 10:44:04 AM »
Are you using embedded voicemail or NuPoint?

It sounds to me like the SMDR options may not be turned on in class of service? It might be worth enabling this on both the default Class of Service on the system (1) and the voicemail ports Class of Service which varies per system.

Under Class of Service, go to SMDR and enable this for external and internal.

Martin

Offline jlunning

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 12:04:17 PM »
Thank you Martin.  I found the class of service for our VM Ports and SMDR was indeed turned off on both internal and external.  I turned them on and now see SMDR entries for the numbers I was looking for.  Glad it turned out to be something simple.

Offline jlunning

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 12:05:22 PM »
To answer your question too... we use embedded voicemail

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10