Author Topic: Selecting IVR option doesn't transfer caller to external number  (Read 1415 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
I have been trying to configure IVR routing where a caller presses a number and they are transferred to an external number. I am configuring the IVR Routing section using YourSite explorer running on Mitel MiContact Center version 9.0.2. I previously used a Transfer activity to do this successfully with queue groups. However, the Transfer activity's destination property only allows one to set an extension, queue, queue group or variable and I didn't see an option for transferring to an external number.

So I created a system speed dial using the Mitel 3300 ICP web interface set to the external number. As the Transfer activity's destination property didn't have a system speed dial, I created an extension in YourSite explorer with the same number as the system speed dial. Then set the IVR to transfer to this speed dial number when an option was pressed. Testing it out, I found that after pressing the IVR option, the external number rings for 1 second after which the IVR greeting starts playing from the beginning. If I dial the speed dial on an extension directly, it rings without stopping after a second.

I also tried configuring call rerouting (always alternatives) on an extension so that when the extension is called, it forwards the caller to the external number. Then in IVR Routing, set the Transfer activity to this extension. Testing it out, after pressing the IVR option, the external number rings for 1 second after which the IVR greeting starts playing from the beginning. Dialing the extension directly, forwards the caller to the external number.

What could be the reason that the external number rings for 1 second when selecting an IVR option?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Selecting IVR option doesn't transfer caller to external number
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 03:04:46 PM »
Going to be a class of service issue. Likely trunk to trunk connection

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 03:33:41 PM »
Going to be a class of service issue. Likely trunk to trunk connection

Which form indicates the trunks and their corresponding class of service number which is applied to them? Is there also a specific section on the Class of Service Options form that needs to be changed to allow the transfer to external numbers?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 05:55:34 PM »
Tou would look at the trunk attributes form for trunks cos, also need to check ivr port cos. I would add trunk to trunk and external call forward

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 04:42:36 AM »
Tou would look at the trunk attributes form for trunks cos, also need to check ivr port cos. I would add trunk to trunk and external call forward

Thanks. So I enabled "Call Forwarding (External Destination)" in the COS of the trunks that were listed in the Trunk Attributes form and also enabled the same COS setting for the IVR ports. I tested it by dialing the IVR hunt group number (8000) and after pressing the IVR option, it successfully rang the external number.

Then to test it externally, I dialed the external number that callers dial to reach my Contact Centre. However, pressing the IVR option again rings the external number for 1 second then plays the IVR greeting from the beginning. Are there any other trunk settings in the COS that need to be enabled to fix this?

I would add trunk to trunk and external call forward

I couldn't find the "trunk to trunk" setting in the COS.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 05:02:14 AM by synthesis »

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 05:44:10 AM »
After enabling the COS setting "Public Network To Public Network Connection Allowed" for both the IVR ports and trunks, selecting the IVR option now successfully transfers the caller to the external number when dialing the Contact Centre number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10