Author Topic: InterTel Axxess - Directing Hunt Group Calls to mobile numbers  (Read 736 times)

Offline chrisleng

• View Profile
With everyone working from home in the pandemic we want our calls to be shared between multiple mobiles, our provider can only do unconditional diverts at the exchange level to 1 mobile, if I manually set the FWD on a handset for "all calls" to an "outside phone" I can enter a mobile, but only calls directed to that extension specifically will actually follow that forward, hunt group calls will either ring if it's off DND, or just not ring anywhere (I tried with just 1 phone in the group)

Is there a way round this on InterTel i've not found ? Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: InterTel Axxess - Directing Hunt Group Calls to mobile numbers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 11:51:14 AM »
chrisleng,

No, Hunt Group calls will never go 'ring' or be diverted to an outside number without there being only 1 member in the group; which typically doesn't help.

Now, I have read in other posts that someone used a Google Number and service to direct the call to multiple users and then they pointed their calls to that number instead of the Hunt Group, but I haven't looked into that.

If you want your users to get the calls AND remain in the Hunt Group then they will need phones setup in Teleworker mode at their house.

Thanks,

TE

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 06:18:52 AM »
Hi Chris

There isn't a solution unfortunately using just your Inter-Tel phone system.

For our customers to achieve what you are after we have implemented a new Virtual Number that can then be pointed at a Group of numbers, mobiles, landlines etc. You then forward from the phones in the office to this new number and then you get your mobile ring group.

Offline chrisleng

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 12:04:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, I did think it may be beyond the capabilities of our venerable system!

Our telecoms company would have more options if we weren't still on ISDN as well so we'll just have to make make do for now till we do some upgrades!

Thanks again

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10