Author Topic: Call rerouting defaulting back to origional extension voicemail  (Read 1191 times)

Offline 00Dan

• View Profile
Forgive me if this is a simple question........  New to this.....

Due to Covid, we have some layoffs.  We're hoping everyone comes back eventually, so we don't want to delete extensions, etc.  Plus, some clients are still calling the extension of the person they are used to dealing with.

One person is currently working from home and handling the calls that 6 people previously did.  I've set call rerouting for the other 5 extensions to go to their extension.  It rings at her desk and with cell twinning on her cell phone too.

Problem I'm having is that if they don't answer the caller goes to the voicemail of the extension dialed, not the person I have rerouted the calls to.

What am I missing? (Do I need to set a hunt group?)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call rerouting defaulting back to origional extension voicemail
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 09:56:31 AM »
What voice mail is being used?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Call rerouting defaulting back to origional extension voicemail
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 04:27:12 PM »
Your issues goes back to one of the oldest rules of the Mitel 3300... "You can't reroute a reroute"... What is happening is the original destination ID is still associated with the call, so when the rerouting of the destination extension goes to VM, the VM system sends the call to that extension.

Two options, disable a call rerouting for the other 5 extensions and Call Forward Always those extensions to the one remaining one, or change the entries in the DID Call Routing Table to point those numbers to the one remaining phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10