Author Topic: 5224ip no dial tone - details included in post  (Read 2669 times)

Offline karengillman

• View Profile
5224ip no dial tone - details included in post
« on: April 10, 2020, 03:38:07 PM »
Set up 5224ip phone for teleworker.

Confirmed working:
can reach teleworker server
can receive inbound calls
can switch to night mode from phone
COS is correct
Multi/Line in-out is configured for 4 lines
phone is in teleworker mode
other phones are working correctly with same server and teleworker

Cannot get a dial tone to make an outbound call.
Press the line, screen goes white, button on line turns orange   (button on night mode is green when enabled) 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5224ip no dial tone - details included in post
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 06:59:03 PM »
If you can receive a call, you should be able to make one. If you know the teleworker address and know how to set it, I would verify handset is in correct port, factory reset phone and re=input teleworker setting. Also there might be a port in the 20000 range that is blocked to server. Don't know what version you are running but it might be possible to adjust port range for voice. Not sure what the button color would look like on that model of phone and system when making a call. What does it look like when it was working before?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 12:50:21 PM »
What phone system or server are we talking about here (so I can move this to the appropriate forum)?

In the MiCollab/MBG server there is a tool called Teleworker Network Analyzer... Download and run that at the remote location, it will tell you if you all the appropriate ports are open, but my guess is that if you can receive a call then that isn't the issue, but it should be able to verify it so you can move on to something else.

When you say you "cannot get a dial tone" does that mean when you lift the receiver/press speaker you cannot get a tone, or when you press 9 (or whatever your ARS access code is)? If you continue dialing the number does it seem to connect but with no audio (ie, call your cell phone or similar number, does it ring)?

Out of curiosity, does this occur at other remote locations (if you have any)? Is the MBG in the DMZ or in server-gateway mode? What router/firewall is at the remote location?

Offline karengillman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 07:33:22 PM »
The ports are open, because all of our other remote phones work fine.

When I say no dial tone...  I press the line and the screen goes white. I can see the numbers inputing on the screen, but no dial tone.

I am going to try resetting and starting over.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10