Author Topic: SIP Softphones losing registration  (Read 3156 times)

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
SIP Softphones losing registration
« on: April 10, 2020, 01:32:42 PM »
All the users at the site are using the Mobile and Desktop Collab Client and I have had to reset the SIP password for one user multiples times.

It seems the soft phone shows registration failed and to fix I just reset the password. 

I don't know why this is happening,  Why would a working phone suddenly lose its registration?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP Softphones losing registration
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »
There is a known bug in MiCollab 8.1 not sure if this is affecting you as it shouldn't break without a change being down.
When making a change in the Users and Services - Phones tab on the MiCollab this issue happens.

Quote from: Mitel KMS Article SO4527
Cause
When making changes to areas like Class of Service, Class of Restriction, Zone ID (for example), due to a defect, the SIP password is also unintentionally being modified at the same time.
When clicking Save, this updated password is not being shared with the Deployment Profile, so the client does not know to use an updated password, and the client registration will fail.

The issue was introduced with the release of MiCollab 8.1, and affects all 8.1 versions.
The issue is resolved in MiCollab 9.0.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10