Author Topic: Nupoint Transfer to speed dial not working  (Read 1149 times)

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Nupoint Transfer to speed dial not working
« on: April 08, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »
Good afternoon,

I am trying to understand the logic behind Nupoint as to why it is not working when selecting an option in a call script pointing to a speed dial -> outside number but, if i changed my selection in my script to an existing number in the MCD, this extension in turn is rerouted to the same speed call, the call transfer works.

Here is my set up:

Main number for the company is a DID pointing to LOCXXXX, this is day day script with language selections. The caller will select language selection to be English for example then get to the company script using a MENU with option 1, 2, 3, 4 for instance and to reach sales they can then select 5. If i point this selection directly to a speed dials which in turn dials 9+XXXXXXXXXX, I get `extension XXXXXXX ( speed call number ) is unavailable.

So, i found 2 x ways to do it: doing the same kind of set up, instead of pointing the selection to a speed-dial, i am using a real extension number within the MCD, this extension number is rerouted always to my speed dials and the call goes out no issue.   The second way, is to point my selection from my script to Voicemail making it a Call flow then i can used a selection or a blind transfer to that external number and it works.

My question: is it possible that for some unknown reason, if you enter a call flow and make a selection within that call flow to go to another call flow, Nupoint just does not allow a call to go externa via a speed diall?  that is the only explanation i find.

Again, the 2 solutions i created works fine.

Thanks

YB

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nupoint Transfer to speed dial not working
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 01:52:56 PM »
For clarity, you are attempting to Blind Transfer from a NuPoint Call Director to a System Speed Call on the MCD?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:55:00 PM by ZuluAlpha »

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 02:59:51 PM »
Does the speed call work okay when dialed internally?

Likely need to enable trunk to trunk or public access on the NuPoint ports COS.

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 03:01:34 PM »
that is what the original script was. I am trying to understand why it is working with the work around i created vs having a blind transfer to an external number via a speed dial. That speed dial is 2 level down in the original call flow: main call flow and then language selection, then the transfer.

Offline SARTECH87

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 03:04:57 PM »
NEPphoneguy,

Yes within the MCD it does work that is why I am surprised. Public to Public is configured, COR matches for NUPOINT for making an outside call. Speed Dial has the Override selected.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 12:47:31 PM »
Check trunk cos

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10