Author Topic: Page both the Loudspeaker Port and a Paging Group  (Read 1542 times)

Offline jascrous

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Page both the Loudspeaker Port and a Paging Group
« on: April 08, 2020, 10:17:43 AM »
How do we page using both the Loudspeaker port and a paging group together at the same time to receive the same page?

Offline jascrous

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Page both the Loudspeaker Port and a Paging Group
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 12:16:31 PM »
Im not finding that this is possible, can anyone confirm?

Offline dkemp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 01:13:19 PM »
This isn't supported with the 3300

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 05:57:34 PM »
you can get an ip paging adapter and put it into a page group

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 02:26:05 PM »
Years ago I found a hack online where you take the Mitel 5312 apart and wire directly into the speaker. Plug this cord into an amplifier and you got yourself a paging unit. I think the line is mono thought. We actually have 6 of these hacked into the speaker to provide paging for multiple zones/locations. Create a page group out of these hacked units and you have a master paging number.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:28:52 PM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 05:30:11 PM »
Years ago I found a hack online where you take the Mitel 5312 apart and wire directly into the speaker. Plug this cord into an amplifier and you got yourself a paging unit. I think the line is mono thought. We actually have 6 of these hacked into the speaker to provide paging for multiple zones/locations. Create a page group out of these hacked units and you have a master paging number.

In theory when doing this, the output should go to a impedance matching transformer, No sure of the speaker in the set but it would be like speaker( 8 or 16) ohm value to 200 ohms

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »
This works fine without an impedance matching transformer or anything else. Open the phone, scotchlock some jumper wire onto the speaker leads, and take it to a Valcom self-amplified speaker(s) and your done. Only bad part is if the phone is accessible, people could turn the volume down/off.

Offline jascrous

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 07:45:14 AM »
Ok so i did take a 5312 apart and wire up into the speaker and tested in a page group.  Two things

Currently the Paging port on the back of the controller sends two signals, one to activate the PA and one to broadcast on the PA.  Hence my need to use both the paging port and a paging group.

Secondly if i find a way to eliminate the need for the paging port, when i *5 to the paging port, the audio delay is less than 1 second.  If i take the paging port out of the question and make *5 the paging group code, the delay is 2 to 3 seconds.  It seems to be waiting for more digits to be dialed before timing out.

Thoughts on both?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 07:43:23 AM »
I think if you need to activate relays and page through the phones, you're going to need a Mitel IP Page adapter.  (I forget the Model/PN number)  The device programs like an extension and you just add it to the page group.

I suspect you're correct about waiting for digits.  You can prove this out by pressing "#" after dialing the *5.

Ralph

Offline ntnher@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 12:05:41 PM »
Ok so i did take a 5312 apart and wire up into the speaker and tested in a page group.  Two things

Currently the Paging port on the back of the controller sends two signals, one to activate the PA and one to broadcast on the PA.  Hence my need to use both the paging port and a paging group.

Secondly if i find a way to eliminate the need for the paging port, when i *5 to the paging port, the audio delay is less than 1 second.  If i take the paging port out of the question and make *5 the paging group code, the delay is 2 to 3 seconds.  It seems to be waiting for more digits to be dialed before timing out.

Thoughts on both?

I think it depends on your setup. Are you using "Direct Page" feature code? For my set up this is what I get, it may be different if you have different Mitel hardware or software version:

For Direct Page if I page a group it sounds and takes as long as "Loudspeaker Paging." I just hear a tone and I"m on the speakers of all the extensions in that group. But if I direct page the extension alone, it takes a bit longer, because there is a ring on that extension, then it puts me on the speaker of that extension I'm paging. You can direct page any extension by using "Direct Page" feature code + extension.

Side note, remember paging COS must be set/enable, mine was enabled by default for all extensions. If paging is disabled on an extension you can not page it.

If I were you, I would leave *5 as my feature code for "Loudspeaker Paging." Find your feature code for "Direct Page." make it what ever you want (example #5).  Go to Page Group form and make a page group (example 4000). Add your 5312 phone extension, the one that you just hacked into the speaker, put/add this extension into Page Group 4000. You can have only one extension in a page group, that's no problem.

Now dial feature code + page group, so from the example above it would be #54000. Bang you are on that speaker. Remember hide this phone and don't let anyone use it, this phone has now become a "paging only" phone. I put mine next to the amplifier. Add more extensions into the group to page more phones. Create more page groups one for each different zones of your business/ building/ department. Using the feature code and page group, I've eliminated the "Loudspeaker Paging" on the back of our 3300 altogether.

Another trick that you may want to know is System Speed Calls. This is how I put paging buttons on a user's desk phone. When the user press this button they are on the paging system. Add system speed call number (example 1101), make the actual number (#54000).  Put this system speed call number on the user's phone speed dial buttons.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:32:56 PM by ntnher@yahoo.com »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10