Author Topic: Digit Translation Not Valid  (Read 970 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Digit Translation Not Valid
« on: April 02, 2020, 10:31:12 AM »
I have changed the CRA for a customer because of COVID-19.  The system answers with a STAR and then goes to the appropriate CRA depending on the time of day.  The CRA for the day hours works fine, however the night CRA does not recognize changes made to the digit translation table.  The customer wants to use * for subscriber access to voicemail boxes.  When I program * for subscriber access and then call that CRA, I hear, "* is not a valid choice".  In fact, it does not matter what I program for * in the digit translation table, I still hear the same message.  I have also tried to program other currently unused digits and get the same result.  For now, I programmed a new CRA for night hours and everything works fine.  I guess I can live with that solution, but I would like to know why the other CRA does not work.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Digit Translation Not Valid
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »
bvtech,

Well it is one of two things that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. The calls were going to a different CRA that didn't have the * programmed.
2. The original CRA is corrupted

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »
Dial the CRA directly (as an intercom call) and test the options. That will point you in the right direction.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 10:47:09 AM »
I am dialing the CRA as an intercom call, and the result is the same.  I have suspected corruption but just wanted to see if there might be any other suggestions.  When I do a backup, I get an error message about a CRA that no longer exists, so I think there is some corruption in there somewhere.  I guess since I have a CRA that works now I will let it ride for a while and see how it acts.  Thank you for the quick responses.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 12:02:03 PM »
If a CRA is deleted while another CRA has a digit translation pointed to it, it will corrupt the CRA. This is probably the easiest corruption to fix though.

Re-create the deleted CRA, then point the digit back to it. Exit programming and log back in, remove the digit translation, then delete the CRA.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 02:04:35 PM »
Looks like that did the trick.  All CRA's are working normally.  Thank you very much for your help.

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »
Upon further review, the STAR and CRA's are working, however, every time I load DB programmer the attached windows come up back to back. 

Offline Magpye

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 05:24:03 AM »
I think this happens it there is a power outage and the system shuts down/boots up a number of times.
The voicemail database gets corrupted and a restore is required to fix it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10