Author Topic: ISDN30 supplementary service. CD - Call Deflection  (Read 817 times)

Offline aerocool

• Contributer
    • View Profile
ISDN30 supplementary service. CD - Call Deflection
« on: April 02, 2020, 08:51:44 AM »
Hi guys, hope you are all still well?

I've never seen so many topics about call forwarding :) but here is another for anyone with ISDN experience.

This is not an everyday question but we have "call deflection" ISDN30 supplementary service feature applied to our line. We've used in the past with a Samsung OfficeServ to forward calls via the BT telephone exchange. Effectively an inbound PSTN DDI call, the d-channel is signalled to SETUP a call the PBX deflects this by signalling back on the D channel to say "send the call to XXX" the call is re-routed to a different telephone number with the caller ID presntation. The calling party will not see the called party deflected telephone number.

I have searched and not really found a definitive answer but mentions about ISDN two B-channel transfer, but I don't think this is the same thing.

Any help will be gratefully received.

All the best Aaron

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ISDN30 supplementary service. CD - Call Deflection
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 09:07:20 AM »
aerocool,

I don't think this works the same way as a B-Channel Transfer. Here is a site that I found that explains how Call Deflection is used within BT so I don't think you need the system to do anything as this seems to be a set and forget feature similar to Call Forwarding but I could be wrong.

https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18817/~/i-want-to-divert-my-calls-to-an-external-number.-how-do-i-do-this-without-tying/c/5138/

It looks as though there is an Administration Guide that may prove more useful for you, but the link doesn't work; although you could contact them for this I am sure.

Thanks,

TE

Offline aerocool

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: ISDN30 supplementary service. CD - Call Deflection
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 09:21:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply TE.

We are a CP WLR3 line provider and Mitel maintainer so we ordered this feature yourselves. Once the service is enabled BT won't help us unfortunately.   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10