Author Topic: Help allocating IVR Ports  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
Help allocating IVR Ports
« on: April 01, 2020, 11:23:48 AM »
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all staying safe amid this pandemic.

We're a contact center with about 7 agents that gets about 3000-4000 calls a day but during some seasons, we've had over 25+ customers calling at once.

We have 50 IVR ports
43 Messaging 5020
4  UpiQ 5020
3  Outbound 5020(for callbacks I assume)

I think UpiQ ports are used to tell a customer what their position is in a queue and leave a message for us to call them back (according to the subroutine).

I don't know how long customers spend on the UpiQ ports to know if I need to add more of them. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
Re: Help allocating IVR Ports
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 08:17:53 AM »
Hi,

It depends on how many trunk lines do you have, and monitoring how many ports there are busy. Are you using the IVR for menu's or for schedules?

You could reduce the amount of messaging ports and program them as UPiQ ports.

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 02:30:44 PM »
We have 60 SIP Trunks, as of this time of year there aren't too many being used at once, I'd say 10-15 tops at once. However, during our busy season, (on old phone system) we've had customers say they had a busy dial tone and we had 23 lines.

We're using IVR for menu and schedules, and our current menu message is almost 2 minutes which holds up a port for a decent amount of time.

If all UpiQ ports are being used, does the caller just keep holding? If all outbound callback are being used, will the agent get a message or something?

Offline mark.vanderheijden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 02:35:03 AM »
That is a fair amount of time. You could reduce the messaging ports to 37 then you can increase the UPiQ ports up to 8 and your callback ports up to 5 (if needed).

If all UpiQ ports are being used, does the caller just keep holding? => Yes they just hear MOH or ringback tone
If all outbound callback are being used, will the agent get a message or something? => No I do not for sure what happens but I think the callback is going to be queued, is it used a lot? You can run a report on the callback Queue to know how many time it is used.

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 02:28:13 PM »
I know... Unfortunately I can't do anything about that.

That sounds good, I will run a report and determine how often it's actually being used.

Thanks for all your help Mark!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10