Author Topic: Mitel 5000 CRA to Mailbox  (Read 864 times)

Offline rmakos

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 CRA to Mailbox
« on: March 30, 2020, 10:33:34 PM »
When unattended, we have a CRA setup to timeout to a general mailbox. The issue is, if the caller never hangs up (robocaller) it then goes back to the auto attendant which starts the process over in a loop. I found that if the dial-0 option is none it will hangup before it loops, but the attendant still plays the if you're calling from a rotary phone, remain on the line message first. Is there a way to have the voicemail system disconnect without going back to the attendant? Or has anyone else encountered this and came up with a different solution?

Thanks,

-Ron

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 CRA to Mailbox
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 08:49:32 AM »
No one has a rotary phone anymore. Change the digit translations so the caller needs to press something to leave a message, then time out to hang up.

I haven’t timed out to a mailbox in years. The lack of reliable disconnect in what passes for phone lines these days makes that a thing of the past.

Offline rmakos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 09:14:42 AM »
Thank you, we are doing that for off hours and have considered that here. But if they insist on keeping the timeout to a mailbox, is there a way to stop it from going back to the attendant after a message is left?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 12:22:55 PM »
I was never able to figure out why the call would get stuck in a continuous loop. I do recall testing a lot of settings, but that was several years ago and I honestly don’t remember.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10